1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
2,365 Posts
Mine's pretty quiet. It rarely says anything at all.

Reactions: Parduz

·
Registered
546 Posts
Mine is almost silent, until what you ride has a windshield.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Mine is very quiet as well... I wear ear plugs and hardly notice any wind noise. Only time it talks to me is when I turn on the Sena and listen to the FM radio or answer a phone call. I always wear ear plugs (Flents 33db attenuating, purple jar of them from Walmart) when I am travelling on the highways or if I'm riding longer than for, say, 10-20 minutes.

I have the HJC C70 in solid white.

Reactions: Rusty J

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
WHAT?! HELLO!!!

Ok, some are quiet, some aren't.
HJC IS-MAX and IS-MAX II: Not bad. Notice that I went and bought the IS-MAX II after owning the IS-MAX for a few years.... it's a great value for the money.

Schuberth M1: Pretty good, actually. I replaced the liner after a couple of years of daily use, and will probably replace the helmet with another just like it in a couple of years. I really like it.

Nolan N21, N21 Visor: Loud, but they're open 3/4 ("copter") type helmets (the face shield on the Visor version doesn't help all that much in terms of noise, but the non-visor version's "goggles" allow air to get past in crosswinds or when you turn your head). But they look darn good :)

Relic Schuberth Concept modular circa 2005: bad. But you'd kind of expect that from a 15-year old helmet that was basically a prototype/styling exercise.

Some no-name half-helmet I tried: On an unfaired Vespa, horrible. Went and got a HJC 3/4 helmet as soon as possible (IS-33? it was a while ago), much better. The HJC was also decent behind the 650's screen.

A half-helmet is tolerable (but not good at all -- needs earplugs) behind the 650's windscreen. As noted, without a fairing it's horrible even at city-street speeds. And, personally, I dislike the look.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts