1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
352 Posts
Sure beats the media-circus we have here, with the swarm of helicopters following some reckless idiot for over an hour!

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
I wasn't there but it might have been a lot easier to give him some drugs and then talk him down . I just don't see how violence is a really ever a solution to these kinds of situations . What the guy did was dead wrong , but to risk killing or maiming him for life seams excessive to me . A sniper could have taken him down , but a wise man might have been able to talk him down ?

TheReaper!

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I suspect that, there as here, wise men are a bit thin on the ground...

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Great work by the cops. Listen to the video. The guy had said he was armed with a grenade. He was on a populated street. Could easily have thrown the grenade (if it existed) and killed many. Cops took him down with no other injuries to any bystander or hostage. That's a SUCCESSFUL outcome in my books.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Ruined a bike and heavily damaged a car and nearly killed the guy. A sniper would have only cost one bullet. And people here think our cops are bad!?

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The guy presesnted an apparent dangerous threat to the public...the police are responsible to stop him from being a threat. They did exactly that in a very short amount of time.

Here, in this country,political correctness would have prevented the police from using this tactic. The police here would have first needed to see the granade, before establising he was a threat to anyone at all. The police in their cars,their own motorcycles and helicopters would have followed this guy for miles and miles on live TV, wondering if he really did have a granade.

During his attempt to get away, granade or not, he'd would have placed the public in danger with wreckless riding. He needed to be stopped ASAP. It's not easy and very dangerous to shoot a gun at a moving target like that...a stray bullet could have killed someone.

The police tactic here only placed the hostage taker in danger.

Job well done.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Here in this country, political correctness would not be a factor, as shown by recent events.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
In this country,the thought of doing what this policeman did, would never had even been considered because of political correctness...jmho

1 - 11 of 11 Posts