Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 400 and horn isn't working. when i hit the button nada. lights don't dim no cue that it is even drawing electricity. I know its under warranty but unless it's something major or needs new part or something, I'd rather just do it myself. Hoping it's just a loose connection and I'm hoping for any advice or insight.

Thank you
marcus

·
Premium Member
8,134 Posts
have you done any mods? bike stay covered or uncovered? looked in wheel well to see if wires broken?

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Check the Fuse Box , It may just be a Fuse out, Fuse is located left side under Dash.

it's not Rare for the Horn to Quit when it comes to the Horn itself,

Elliott,

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Agree with Mikey it is likely there is a modded horn in the circuit and the wiring is damaged/compromised.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thank you for the replys. I checked the fuses and saw nothing unusual but the horn stated working and I've had no problem since. HMMM? I guesss all well that ends well.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Glad you now have the horn working - BUT too bad that you never found out what the problem was..(???)

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
Could have been a bad connection, which got corrected during the investigative work.............who knows?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Just pulled my 06 out of the garage after a long winter. Battery was dead. Of course I neglected to put it on the battery tender which I own. After a little charging the Burgman came to life but I discovered my horn is dead. No sound, not a peep. I went to check the fuses, but checked the manual and I would have also lost turn signals, etc if I lost the fuse. Anything else simple to check before I start pulling off tupperware or hauling it to the dealership?

·
Premium Member
14,228 Posts
Have you checked the horn relay to see if it is working.

·
Premium Member
14,228 Posts
Come to think of it I believe you are right. I would just jumper the horn directly to the battery and see if it works. If not the the horn has gone bad. If it does then start checking wires with a test light or meter.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Buffalo said:
Come to think of it I believe you are right. I would just jumper the horn directly to the battery and see if it works. If not the the horn has gone bad. If it does then start checking wires with a test light or meter.
Ya, it looks like it comes down to basic diagnosis techniques. I just was curious because you do not hear about any issues with stock horns.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts