Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently purchased a 400 but only have a Japanese language owners handbook so am operating a little blind til I get an English language one.

My problem is when the bike it stood up the horn sounds as though it's an alarm. Only way it doesn't sound is if the key is turned on. This occurs if the key is in the ignition or not. Only way to turn off the horn is to turn the key on.

Is this a feature of a fault?

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Fault

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Well I say fault - unless some bugger fitted an aftermarket alarm?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
> Well I say fault - unless some bugger fitted an aftermarket alarm?

No sign of that having been done though it is possible I guess. So far only aftermarket I see on the bike is they've fitted a switch to turn off the head light and I think the headlight itself may not be original (not sure). Also the exhaust isn't original. Apart from that it all appears to be stock

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
I would think it is a fault except there has been other elec. work done. Everything else works like it should :?:
It sounds like a fair idea to me, does the horn go off on the center stand also. :?: (if not its a wired alarm)

I would look for a small mercury type (tilt) switch hidden somewhere..
But it sounds like a custom alarm to me.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Randy said:
I would think it is a fault except there has been other elec. work done. Everything else works like it should :?:
It sounds like a fair idea to me, does the horn go off on the center stand also. :?: (if not its a wired alarm)

Looks like it's a wired alarm. Behind the locakable cover (where you access the battery) there's a couple of wires and at the end of those is a switch. If I flick that the horn doesn't sound. So it looks like that's the alarm disabler

Thanks all, much appreciated

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Thanks toa,
It gives me an idea for a cheep alarm, and with an over size horn it could be very noisy experience trying to steel or move the bike :D

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
toa said:
Looks like it's a wired alarm. Behind the locakable cover (where you access the battery) there's a couple of wires and at the end of those is a switch. If I flick that the horn doesn't sound. So it looks like that's the alarm disabler

Thanks all, much appreciated
Sheesh - I bet you were just teasing us -all this time. :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
NormanB said:
Sheesh - I bet you were just teasing us -all this time. :)
<heh heh heh>

If only ........

Another thing. Where is the oil filter? Is it behind the three screw cover just ahead of the dip stick slash oil filler???

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Yip!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts