Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to give you an update on what my wife and I have purchased. We made the decision she really did want to have her own bike so we started looking. She rulled out all except the Burgman 400, the Honda Helix, and Honda reflex. We still thought the helix was ugly and couldn't find one so next stop was burgman 400. She sat on the 400 for about 30 min. but deceided it was too heavy for her. Next went to honda and sat on a reflex. She thought it felt better for her even though the seat height is listed higher. We talked it over for a week then went back to the honda shop and sat on the reflex again. You guessed it. She fell in love and we brought it home. By the way it is almost the identical color of red as my 1800 goldwing and looks like its little sister setting side by side.
P.S. its a hoot to drive. I hope you will still allow me to be a part of this group. You are the best.
Mike

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
congrats on the scooter purchase! If she feels more comfortable on the honda, than she picked the right bike for her. I'm sure you will take it for quick runs to the store or around the block just to make sure it's running properly. :wink:

·
Registered
239 Posts
Congratulations! The Reflex is a great machine, cool looking, too, and if your wife is comfortable on it, you can't ask for more! You KNOW you're always welcome here.

Cheers and happy trails,

Bob

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Mike,

You are most welcome to stick around! We have a general interest in all scooters and riding in general, so I know you will have more to contribute. Our area of expertise is with Burgmans, but anyone who rides, or wants to ride, is welcome here. I hope your wife enjoys the Reflex!

·
Registered
270 Posts
:thumbleft:I hope your happy with your scoot. My son owns a Honda Reflex and loves it. He bought it a year ago last October. He has put around 10,000 miles on that scoot. No problems at all with it. And the dealer around here seem to what to earn your bussiness. They have taken good care of his scoot. I love my Suzkui's, however I've found the dealers around here wanting to sale scoots more than keep them up. So if Honda comes out with a better scoot than the 650. I'll proberley be tradeing the Suzkui off. It dosen't look like that's gona happen anytime soon. :protest:

·
Registered
848 Posts
Congatulations on the Reflex. We do understand and you are more than welcome here. :thumbup: After all, it is your wifes bum that has to be comfortable and if she's happy you're happy!

·
Registered
146 Posts
No!

You have crossed the Forbidden Line of Non-Burgman Death, and all who cross are shunned! Take your foul Honda-riding ways and begone!

Just kidding! :D

Actually, it was the Honda Reflex and reading about it online that originally educated me to the possibility of larger scoots. They don't sell it in Canada (they are only bringing in the Silver Wing this year for the first time), and I don't think it's quite big enough for me, but it did start the whole process which led me to the Burgman.

Happy wife = happy you. Hope she enjoys her new ride.

Simon

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Congratulations on the new Reflex Mike. You and your wife are both welcome here. Pass on the congratulations and an invite to join us on the forums.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Congrats. Like everyone else says, a happy riding wife = a happy riding husband. Enjoy your rides and keep us posted on them.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Congratulations on the Reflex purchase Mike! I promise not to hold this against you :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
Mike

Congrats and best of luck with the Reflex. I had one for a short time and found it to be an amazing machine - great fun and increadible mileage.

Ride safe

·
Registered
116 Posts
I helped a co-worker choose a bike for his wife and she also ended up with the 2004 Reflex 250. Of course I had to help her break it in :) . I found it an enjoyable ride, nicely built and perfect for her. Unfortunately, there was some sort of short and the battery would die every other week or so. Each trip to the shop resulted in a weeks worth of attempts, but no fix. Eventually she was forced to sell it when Honda refused to continue covering the same problem under warranty claiming she was not properly shutting the ignition (non-sense of course) and the shop would not fix the short. Sad situation. I am sure it was just a minor glitch, but just an FYI in case you have any trouble. When it would start, it was a nice scoot for the city.

Also, I ride a Yamaha Majesty amidst the Burgers and everyone has been very friendly to me as well. This is a great site!

·
Registered
368 Posts
I had a reflex myself for a while and it is a great machine. She MAY grow out of eventualy, but that isnt a bad thing as its alwasy better to start out smaller and work your way up if need be.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Mike
Of course you will be both welcome here.
Congratulations on choosing the bike that suits.
Who knows with some (s)miles under her belt she may get hungry for that little bit more power - she may then feel comfortable with a Svelte or even a Lardy! :lol:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks to all of you for your kind replies. I will plan to keep up with this group. Oh, and she is working very hard to learn how to ride the scoot. She is having to literally start at square one but that's ok we will be patient for good things will come.
Mike

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Mike,

If she's starting out ay square one anyway, I highly suggest the MSF basic rider course. It'll her the skills necessary to be a safe rider and if she does make a mistake and drops the bike while learning, wouldn't you rather it be one of their bikes? ;)

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
It's too bad Suzuki doesn't sell the smaller Burgmans in North America. If they did then the Reflex might have some real competition.

But since they don't, the Reflex looks like a nice machine in its size range. I once owned two of the Reflex's predecessors, the Honda Elites, and I thought they were great machines.

We even have a forum dedicated to "Other Scooters," not to mention the "Road Stories," "Cafe," etc., so there's a lot more than just the "General Discussion" and "Newbie Questions" threads to look at.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts