Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a switch or something so that I can record tv shows that I watch on my cable box onto my new vcr recorder/player? My new vcr doesnt have a coaxial cable input but I do have coaxial cable jacks on my comcast cable box. The older vcrs let one record from the cable box but not only do most new vcrs not have coaxial jacks but they also do not have tuners.I can get by without the built in new tuner because I have the cable box to tune thru ( I think!) My new vcr does have rca input jacks if that is any help.

·
Premium Member
14,228 Posts
Does your cable box have RCA video output jacks? If so you can go from the output jacks on you cable box to the input jacks on you VCR. Only thing is if you cable box does not have multiple tuners then you can't watch one thing and record another at the same time.

·
Premium Member
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Buffalo - no , my cable box does not have rca output jacks. Maybe I need a cable with a male coax fitting on one end and a male rca fitting on the other end but don't know if such an "animal" even exists. I think I just found such an animal at Amazon.com - hope it works like I need it to. Any additional comments are still welcome and appreciated.

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
Tom,

Can you confirm, what outputs your cable box has
And also hat connector you have to the tv

Is it just coax?

Or does it have other connectors -perhaps a photo wold help
If just coax, you can get a coax splitter from radio shack

If it has other connectors then you may be be able to use them

1 - 4 of 4 Posts