Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Sweet ! did you trade the electric bike in on it ?
yup, the electric is gone! if I had some better butt pads, and some dealer support, I might have kept it, it was cheap to operate and no service, fast on the accel and range was tolerable, but that's all it's good points.

·
Premium Member
17,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
So, 120 miles, any thing you want to share?
the seat ain't quite as bad as the electric, but dang close, tranny is quite rough shifting up and down, it's faster off the line than my electric (3.6 to 60 electric was 3.8) steering better than electric,(turn radius) still getting used to the noise and the starter sounds like a flat battery when cold start, but it does crank, eats gas, now this is all compared to the burgy, and we all know the burgman is a tough act to follow. the strong points on the honda is service center close by, good reputation, looks nice, relatively inexpensive and airing up the tires is sooo easy!! after the trip it was a day or two before sitting down got easier and I rode the burgy for a while,

·
Premium Member
17,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
So how do you like the Rebel so far?

The NT1100 was mentioned earlier...I'd want to test ride first, but this one just might sway me from the V-strom.

Istill have less than 300 miles on it, so kinda hard to give a fair evaluation, and compared to the burgy, Ima just hafta say it's my spare bike replacing the Zero. maybe in a few hundred more miles I can give a better evaluation.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
You say the tranny shifts rough...so I assume you don't have the DCT? Even so, a little surprising being a Honda.

·
Premium Member
17,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
You say the tranny shifts rough...so I assume you don't have the DCT? Even so, a little surprising being a Honda.
it is the dctn i've adjusted the power, engine braking , and dct authority, and it still is a bit whiplashy, good fun when going commando, not so much in tighty whities

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Hmmm....makes me wonder if the NT would be the same.

·
Registered
766 Posts
From Hondarebel3forum.com - /threads/rebel-1100-dct-reset.14515/
" To all 1100 owners here that still hasn't join the Facebook page.
Someone shared the DCT reset procedure on that group page.
I did it and I think it does make a difference. The transition from gear to gear is much smoother. Before, there was an obvious click when the DCT shifts, that is now gone or is now hardly noticeable. Also, before this, the bike sometimes stays on a gear longer than I want to before shifting up, that went away as well
. "
Catch the tutorial on youtube:
Edited to add below following post #49
Product Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot

·
Premium Member
17,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
different procedure on the 21 model, different display, different software, i would send video of my 21, but my 1958 software is not compatible with 2021 technology,(or maybe there's been some damage to the hard drive)

·
Premium Member
17,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Can remove then Mikey, if you want.
Posted 'cos bloke in comments said it worked for him on 21 Rebel 1100. Maybe US - UK differences??
I ain't sure, it might help somebody, the 1100 non dct has some of the same stuff the more info we have , the better we are. how honda gets away with calling the 1100 non dct I dunno, it sure has a lot of computer controlled gear features and stuff on it, like rain mode, sport mode, user mode, and changes gear ratios in them , not like you really have complete control of what gear you are in .

41 - 51 of 51 Posts