Registered
3,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MG Breva. Where available :)

Source - mslmagazine

·
Administrator
18,343 Posts
If and thats a big IF, I were looking for a naked bike a Guzzi would be in the shopping basket. But a dressed Norge GT 8V 1200 is a NICE bike. But the leader on my shopping list is the Aprilia Mana 850 GT with the CVT.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That likely means you would prefer Norge to the NC also. But what if you had to decide between the NC and Guzzi's counterpart?

·
Registered
661 Posts
Bolzen said:
That likely means you would prefer Norge to the NC also. But what if you had to decide between the NC and Guzzi's counterpart?
It would be a no-brainer here, the NC is water cooled! I would hate to ride an air cooled only bike in the traffic we have around here.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess you don't have many GS or HDs around there :wink:
Also mind the low-end torque and brakes are very good on this bike, which makes commuting in traffic a lot easier

·
Registered
265 Posts
That's not a Breva 750 in the picture, it's a Breva 1100, similar styling but a completely different Motorcycle.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dennis M said:
That's not a Breva 750 in the picture, it's a Breva 1100, similar styling but a completely different Motorcycle.
One can't fool the Guzzi's connoisseur :D :thumbup:

They have almost every displacement available for it - 750, 850, 1100, 1200. In the main picture it's likely the V 1100ie version, whereas at the top right - 850.

·
I'm Retired
9,364 Posts
The "Where available" seems to be a major factor. From what I can tell, it isn't in the USA.

I'd still probably opt for the Honda NC700X instead. The CoG is lower. The fake gas tank storage isn't what we're used to, but it is something anyway. And the quality of a Honda (with parts availability) has to be better than anything Italian.

The CB500 that Macdoc (I believe) first brought up, would make an interesting alternative. It's a natural comparison between two similar models in the Honda line. http://powersports.honda.com/2013/cb500x.aspx
Chris

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Daboo said:
I'd still probably opt for the Honda NC700X instead. The CoG is lower. The fake gas tank storage isn't what we're used to, but it is something anyway. And the quality of a Honda (with parts availability) has to be better than anything Italian.

The CB500 that Macdoc (I believe) first brought up, would make an interesting alternative. It's a natural comparison between two similar models in the Honda line. http://powersports.honda.com/2013/cb500x.aspx
Chris
From actual steering the Guzzi you can't tell which COG is lower, I tried the new Stelvio and it handles very well. In fact I liked it more than the s10. The Honda might get it lower with the full tank, but I don't think the difference would be bigger than the loss in fuel capacity. Japan quality is slowly but surely decreasing, while Guzzi's after Piaggio acquisition has improved a lot. All bikes in the line have a shaft drive, which implies little maintenance. The engine characteristics are also better and nothing compares to the 90 degree V twin sound.

Overall e.g. the 850 looks much more solid than the NC and especially CB500, which is the beginner bike generally speaking. It may have better splash back protection, but none of Honda offers the same pillion comfort.

The "Where available" seems to be a major factor. From what I can tell, it isn't in the USA.
But imagine if you could get it somehow, you'd be very recognizable on the road. :wink: :D

·
I'm Retired
9,364 Posts
Bolzen said:
But imagine if you could get it somehow, you'd be very recognizable on the road. :wink: :D
Oh yeah... That is a very distinctive look to it. I don't know that there's anything like it on the road.

Chris

·
Administrator
18,343 Posts
When I picked up my cousin's 2012 Norge for him I rode it from the dealer up north 85 miles home. Packed some stuff in the side cases and then rode it to Lewiston ID 320 miles. I could feel the engine heat on my legs....... It was early summer, not sure I would like riding it in a full tilt 114 degree F summer day.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Can't say anything about the Norge, it could be additional body plastic that hinders heat dissipation. I don't read many complaints about this problem from other model owners. I would also prefer liquid cooled engine certainly, but I think I could also live without it and be consoled by easier maintenance work for the engine, like valve adjustment or the other.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts