Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like fun (and relatively cheap):

This part has me scratching my head, though:

The Navi’s seat accommodates a rider and passenger, and passenger footpegs are standard.

I can't imagine that the weight limit would encompass two adults.

Reactions: Rusty J

·
Premium Member
9,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Short wheelbase.

·
Premium Member
9,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here's a review from Rider, hot off the presses:

Says pretty much what the Different Spokes vid said.

·
Premium Member
9,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Zack Courts test rides the Navi, Revzilla, 11/23/2021:

·
Premium Member
9,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Honda equals Japanese?,,:unsure:

Would your opinion of the Navi be the same if it were a " abcxyz NAVI ".

How many Hondas AND Suzukis are, or at any rate, were , Chinese made - without the majority of world wide buyers even realising it?
(China now seems to be abandoning ICE and going electric).

A company here, (in UK)(CFMoto) is getting good press, and test reports. It's only, I think, the stigma of " but the're Chinese " that keeps sales figures low.
People that run them seem happy.

Navis are 100% Indian made - Once upon a time stigmatised in like manner - Tell me about it - just say " My Royal Enfield.." 10 years ago, and get laughed out of the room.
Last year Enfields took a bike of the year award, with the Interceptor , and sold more than bikes than BMW, Harley, or Triumph.

The World is changing.
1) All excellent points.

2) Don't forget, however, that the Navi -- regardless of where it's made -- brings the massive Honda dealer network into play. This may be a benefit, regarding getting parts and service.

3) I was reading a review about a mid-size CFMoto bike the other day, in one of the usual suspects (motorcyle.com, rider, that sort of place -- I forget now). I forget the bike -- I think it was a mid-size standard -- but, yep, it was a very favorable review. And the author addressed the stigma of its being from China, saying it seemed on a par with similar bikes from Japan.

Reactions: Bluestrom13

·
Premium Member
9,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Is the Navi sold in America actually made in India, though? It's been available in Mexico for a while and their website prominently reminds us that Navis sold in Mexico are "now assembled in Mexico". To me it doesn't seem like a coincidence that it was released in the US not too long after some production was moved to Mexico. It's reasonable to suspect America's Navis are at least finished in Mexico.

In any case, the light motorcycle industry is now practically dominated by India, both design and manufacturing. They're doing pretty well and I get jealous reading about all the options they have in India these days.
There's a new (dated 11/29/2021, but I got their email newsletter today) Cycle World review of the Navi:

In there, it notes:

Because the 109cc OHC air-cooled single-cylinder engine (sourced from the highly successful Activa scooter sold in India and Mexico; in fact, US-bound Navis are assembled in Mexico) is mounted in the rear, there’s a nice key-locked water-resistant 15-liter storage bin where an engine would normally be found.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts