Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like fun (and relatively cheap):

This part has me scratching my head, though:

The Navi’s seat accommodates a rider and passenger, and passenger footpegs are standard.

I can't imagine that the weight limit would encompass two adults.

Reactions: Rusty J

·
Administrator
22,435 Posts
Three cables to the front wheel tells me its drum brakes and one cable is for linked to the rear brakes. The 3rd cable is maybe Speedo/ODO.

·
Premium Member
18,061 Posts
Looks like fun (and relatively cheap):

This part has me scratching my head, though:

The Navi’s seat accommodates a rider and passenger, and passenger footpegs are standard.

330 lbs divided by 2, welp ..if they're both nekkid :devilish:

·
Premium Member
9,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Short wheelbase.

·
Super Moderator
5,516 Posts
I don’t see a long motorcycling career for those in the pack (3?) that can’t find the “off” button for their indicators.
Expensive mistake to make

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
For that price, I may get one just for goofing around.

But... between the Beverly... and now the tiny bike named after 10-foot tall blue hippies... Seriously... Are people naming bikes on a dare or something? Will the next new bike be the Yamaha Thermian?

·
Premium Member
9,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here's a review from Rider, hot off the presses:

Says pretty much what the Different Spokes vid said.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Load Limit = 153Kgs (337 lbs) per Indian (English) Owners Manual (2016). ( So, actually only 31 Kgs less than B650 ! )
Size looks to be an issue also.. Tire Wheel Helmet Plant Vehicle

The Indian OM gave me a clue - so "NAVI" is Hindi, meaning "NEW".
Are people naming bikes on a dare or something?

·
Premium Member
9,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Zack Courts test rides the Navi, Revzilla, 11/23/2021:

·
Administrator
22,435 Posts
Waiting for Ryan at FortNine to road test one. ;)

That said, Noraly "Itchy Boots" let it slip she has bought her Season 6 bike is is prepping it in Holland.
One of the places she wants to do a ride is from the North end of Japan's main island to the South end. But there is not a lot of dirt roads in between so maybe a Navi would fit her needs for that ride.

Reactions: wspollack

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
The Indian OM gave me a clue - so "NAVI" is Hindi, meaning "NEW".
I can respect that. It's better than the new Hyundai camper. It's built on the Porter frame for Rest... so... obviously. They called it the "Porest." So I guess, as names from other countries go, I shouldn't complain. And... it is better than the "Beverly."

I stopped by my local Honda dealer to see what they knew about the bike. Turns out they are trying to back-door they way into a Harley dealership and had ONE Honda on the floor (with their 15 or so Harleys). So I didn't even bother to ask. I'll have to find another Honda dealer around here that actually stocks Honda bikes.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
I couldn't see Noraly on something that small, even on all asphalt. She has quite a bit of luggage to pack on.

• Haha
Reactions: Dave_J

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
That scoot is going to sell like hot cakes, and is a direct shot to the nads of the Chinese one tankers! Who in there right mind is going to buy a Chinese scoot for pretty much the same price over a Honda? Those one tankers are all over the place! And they aren’t cheap anymore. That’s going to sting!

·
Registered
890 Posts
Who in there right mind is going to buy a Chinese scoot for pretty much the same price over a Honda?
Honda equals Japanese?,,:unsure:

Would your opinion of the Navi be the same if it were a " abcxyz NAVI ".

How many Hondas AND Suzukis are, or at any rate, were , Chinese made - without the majority of world wide buyers even realising it?
(China now seems to be abandoning ICE and going electric).

A company here, (in UK, also Australia)(CFMoto) is getting good press, and test reports. It's only, I think, the stigma of " but the're Chinese " that keeps sales figures low.
People that run them seem happy.

Navis are 100% Indian made** :unsure: - Once upon a time stigmatised in like manner -
Tell me about it - just say " My Royal Enfield.." 10 years ago, and get laughed out of the room.
Last year Enfields took bike of the year award, with the Interceptor , and sold more bikes than BMW, Harley, or Triumph.

The World is changing.
----------------------------------------
** Edit - But see post #20 **

·
Premium Member
9,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Honda equals Japanese?,,:unsure:

Would your opinion of the Navi be the same if it were a " abcxyz NAVI ".

How many Hondas AND Suzukis are, or at any rate, were , Chinese made - without the majority of world wide buyers even realising it?
(China now seems to be abandoning ICE and going electric).

A company here, (in UK)(CFMoto) is getting good press, and test reports. It's only, I think, the stigma of " but the're Chinese " that keeps sales figures low.
People that run them seem happy.

Navis are 100% Indian made - Once upon a time stigmatised in like manner - Tell me about it - just say " My Royal Enfield.." 10 years ago, and get laughed out of the room.
Last year Enfields took a bike of the year award, with the Interceptor , and sold more than bikes than BMW, Harley, or Triumph.

The World is changing.
1) All excellent points.

2) Don't forget, however, that the Navi -- regardless of where it's made -- brings the massive Honda dealer network into play. This may be a benefit, regarding getting parts and service.

3) I was reading a review about a mid-size CFMoto bike the other day, in one of the usual suspects (motorcyle.com, rider, that sort of place -- I forget now). I forget the bike -- I think it was a mid-size standard -- but, yep, it was a very favorable review. And the author addressed the stigma of its being from China, saying it seemed on a par with similar bikes from Japan.

Reactions: Bluestrom13

·
Registered
Burgman Street 125 2021
2 Posts
Is the Navi sold in America actually made in India, though? It's been available in Mexico for a while and their website prominently reminds us that Navis sold in Mexico are "now assembled in Mexico". To me it doesn't seem like a coincidence that it was released in the US not too long after some production was moved to Mexico. It's reasonable to suspect America's Navis are at least finished in Mexico.

In any case, the light motorcycle industry is now practically dominated by India, both design and manufacturing. They're doing pretty well and I get jealous reading about all the options they have in India these days.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts