Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,055 Posts
Better than the small Ruckus. The 49cc Ruckus is exactly the same as my wife's Metropolitan without any body plastic. I was going to say my wife's naked Metropolitan but that just sounds wrong.
There used to be a Big Ruckus at 250cc I think. But the Monkey is still better.
The Big Ruckus sounds more like my wife.....?

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
10 minutes after I posted this the MRI doc calls and said he's referring me to a neuro surgeon, and I need surgery.
"Savere central canal stenosis". Whatever that means, lol.
Plus a full page of other damage, but I knew about that from my last MRI.

·
Administrator
18,332 Posts
Where's our UNLIKE button? Bummer.

Thats how I felt last year when Daboo and I was scheduled to do a Western Canada trip for 7 days. My Doc said she did not want me wearing a helmet for so many hours every day due to my C4, C5 and C6 alignment damage. In my 2015 crash I hyper extended my neck and suffered a slight fracture in those.

·
Premium Member
3,055 Posts
10 minutes after I posted this the MRI doc calls and said he's referring me to a neuro surgeon, and I need surgery.
Sorry to hear that buddy, anyway you can postpone till after Halloween....I hate to see a man spend a Wisconsin Winter dreaming about spring and summer only then haveing to do back surgery when the trees start blooming.

I begged Ducati14 to postpone his heart surgery till after the Maple Leaves fell in Canada.

Why in the heck couldn’t this Covid Lock Down happened right after New Years ?

Reactions: ducati14

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
This all started in March, extreme pain, wait for hip doc appt, sent to back doc, wait for that appt, sent for MRI and waited for a that appt, now the Nero surgeon appt is June 2nd, and that's just a consult, so it may be fall before surgery!?? I hurt so bad right now (being to active earlier today) I wish they could cut me open right now! I'm going to call and see if they can give me a Cortazone shot or something. 1000 mg Vicodin, and I can't even tell if I took one, doesn't touch it.

·
Premium Member
3,055 Posts
Try sleeping on the floor with many different kinds of pillows. Use the various pillows to find an ergonomic pleasant position to get some deep sleep. Check Groupon for deals on Acupuncture. Don’t be afraid to use a walking stick or back brace.

Remember your body wants to heal itself.....spend some quiet time in the sunshine and visualize it happening. You are your own best doctor.

PS...you knew the condition of your back when you ordered the Monkey ? Research Cannabis Oil for Chronic Pain.

Reactions: Dave_J

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Get a rifle or shotgun holster to mount on your Monkey and/or scooter to hold your walking stick while riding. I knew a guy who had a portable walker who had a mount on his motorcycle for it and another who rode a GW and had a holster for his walking cane.

·
Premium Member
8,127 Posts
"Savere central canal stenosis". Whatever that means, lol.
Plus a full page of other damage, but I knew about that from my last MRI.
means you got a lotta rust where the wires run thru your frame, Any time yo see the word severe, it means big bills and lotsa physical (not gonna say that dirty word) starts with a t and has a her in it close to an apy.

·
Administrator
18,332 Posts
Mike, I am an advocate for the use of CBD as a treatment in pain management. It is, IMHO, the only thing that kept me off the Opiates.

What I use has so little THC that I get so little BUZZ. Its like 28% CBD and less than 2% THC. The brain needs just a little THC to possess the CBD. I spend about $80 a month on "POT" but it is legal here.

I have used Chiropractic, Acupuncture, Aroma, Yoga and other things and they all help when used in combinations with surgery.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I've not ridden a Monkey bike. Although I did have a Monkee bike for a little while as a youth. Although... that was... uhm... totally different. But I'd say take a look at the Ruckus. It has a 49cc engine, as opposed to the Monkey's comically oversized 125cc motor. And they handle very well on the rough. Not as much power, but it is a little larger frame, which will make it a little easier to handle, I suspect.

The Grom has more power and is also pretty easily managed, but you sit a LOT higher on that one. The geometry of it is more like a street bike than a dirt bike. It's kinda like the little brother to the Nighthawk.

I do miss northern WI. I'm hoping to ride out that way this summer. Hope you get to enjoy the area!
Kymco makes the Spade 150 Grom sized bike. Almost bought one.

·
Premium Member
3,055 Posts
21 - 31 of 31 Posts