Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Simply a Honda Integra with different tupperware or a new super-scooter?

Honda Forza 750

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Not sure how honda is regards to reliability vs suzuki but here the prices are ridiculously high. The dealer/showroon near my work is always empty. Day eve. Dead empty

On fb forums you can tell there public relation reps trying to pish honda. But you hardly see any on the road
Crazy expensive. Almost twice what a burgman costs. I see no value. You cant even resell as no one wants to pay those prices

Imo a bike/scooter is not an investment so i try to buy the most reliable for minimum money.
Its like they're trying to sell it as an acura scooter

·
Registered
337 Posts
I’d like to see an 8 or 900 cc triple CVT type bike. This Honda video got me pumped until the robotic Asian voice said the 745cc engine is a 54 hp twin?
What the %#&$!?....
Better have stump pulling torque off idle otherwise it’s no more powerful than the old burger

·
Administrator
20,656 Posts
You up north of the border may get one but it will never make it to USA.

Reactions: Tromper

·
Registered
337 Posts
Just replayed the video. The 54 Hp is @ 6350 rpm’s so yes it’ll have more torque than the 650 burger. That makes more sense for such a large displacement

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I wonder what they've done with the drive train...there's a neutral indicator on the dash.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Seems like a lot of hype like a new movie release. Flashes of images with no real information. If you knew what was going on you wouldn't go see the movie! It is chain driven. What is the weight? Fuel capacity? Do you have to bring it to the dealer to be worked on like a BMW scoot? I'm not crazy about keyless ignition. I think the Yamaha TMAX 560 is more to my liking if either model ever makes it to the U.S.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Imo a bike/scooter is not an investment so i try to buy the most reliable for minimum money.
s-steel: I'm 100% in agreement with you there. Certainly not an investment. It is a depreciating asset. Most reliable for minimum money is the best way to minimize depreciation loss. I try to do that myself. And it works, except when the Final Drive begins eating itself. ;)

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Yes i followed your post from beginning. If you brought it to the stealership as Mikey says the would be a hell of a dent

And it goes to show you cant rely on people telling the truth about how they cared for their bikes. I saw many posts of people who bought saying the previous owner did all flyids and did none. Not cool

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Seems like a massively stupid idea to not sell the tmax in the usa. Or is it they dont bring the 560?
The only place where the mass wouod buy a tmax (with more money im guessing) would be the us

The us here seems to be driven by specific folks. Mostly criminals or that tendency. Completely different than a b650 ride. 400 though are considered the poverty bunch because they can't afford a tmax or b650 hahaha

·
Registered
404 Posts
If Yamaha comes out with their new big one (I forget what it's called), I would be very interested in moving to a newer one. I would probably not buy one brand new.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Won't make it to the the US as the Honda 750 adventure scooter did not nor did the Integra 750. A shame but the US seems to have little demand for big engine scooters. Not sure why.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
There is also a Honda Forza 350 being released but wont see it here.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Probably with DCT

Honda bikes are known for their reliability.
I feel like it's going to be expensive. Check the price of Honda X-ADV with ABS and DCT transmission. It is so expensive. Some serious adventure bikes are cheaper than that scooter. You can buy a new car for that price.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Druther than having a big ole truck engine on a scooter, I druther have variable displacement (not really) turbocharger style. Gimme a 2 cylinder bout like a "three fiddy." 350 cc that is, with the cutest little turbo you ever saw, and I would be a happy scooterest. Want mpg? Stay out of the boost. Want power, stay in the boost. Since there are no flagmen standing in the corners on public roads, I'll refrain from trying to carve them ... especially on a scooter. Just give me smoothness (2 cylinder) and a power (boost) / mpg (small engine, no boost) selector (right wrist), and I think we would have the best scooter ever.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
The 2021 Forza is listed on the Honda U.K. web site for 9,999.00 pounds. The comes out to $13,000.00 US dollars. Not counting any add ons like top trunk. That's alot of money for a scoot. You can buy some nice motorcycles for that price.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
"That's alot of money for a scoot. "

I was imagining you saying this at the grand canyon with an echo to it.

thats crazy a crazy price tag.

·
Administrator
20,656 Posts
When a Burgmam 650 is listed in USA at $10,500 US$ it is also 10,500 Pounds Sterling in UK. Thats $13,650

·
Super Moderator
2017 Suzuki Burgman 650
10,147 Posts
You up north of the border may get one but it will never make it to USA.
Sad. I am not sure what would ever make me want to trade the big Burgman but the Forza 750 would make me looked closely at another bike.
Won't make it to the the US as the Honda 750 adventure scooter did not nor did the Integra 750. A shame but the US seems to have little demand for big engine scooters. Not sure why.
I wish they would have given those bikes the chance here in the US. I know the market is not large for any singular type or brand of bike but the market I believe is there for bikes like these.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts