Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While wasting time on the net, I ran across an interesting prototype from Honda. The FB-S was dropped in favor of the SilverWing. The FB-S had a trunk simular to the Pacific Coast. Some of the marketing hype is below the image.

A new-generation big scooter, the FB-S fuses a high-prestige design with a newly designed boxer twin engine to deliver a riding feel that's more like a motorcycle than a regular scooter.

- Length / 2,296mm
- Width / 805mm
- Height / 1,311mm
- Engine type / Liquid-cooled four-cycle boxer-twin
- Displacement / 399cm3

The FB-S Prototype: One more link in Honda's practicality series. Might as well call it the Helix Coast. It features a 400cc boxer twin engine mounted at the front. An automatic transmission delivers power to the rear, providing a ride that is theoretically more like a motorcycle than a scooter.

·
Registered
30,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I rather like it too. Sort of a retro / streamlined look to it. Since the engine is mounted forward of the rider, I wonder how much trunk space it actually had?

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
billmeek said:
I rather like it too. Sort of a retro / streamlined look to it. Since the engine is mounted forward of the rider, I wonder how much trunk space it actually had?
Burgman 650 engine is also mounted forward of the rider, but as you pointed out, the AN650 and AN400 have the same trunk capacity. The trade-off, I think, is that the gas tank swaps places with the engine in either configuration.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
pauljo wrote
With a touch of Goldwing thrown in - the way the valve covers peek out through the lower fairing panels.
Absolutely, As I look at it again I think this should have been there Silverwing.

·
Registered
30,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
30,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
pauljo said:
Looks like a friendly cartoon caterpillar?
:lol: You're right!

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Naw, I wouldn't want one: it'd be too easy to adjust the valves. Course they'd probably be hydralic lifters that didn't need adjusting, and who'd want a maint free scoot?

Who am I kidding. I'd buy one now if they were available. Could probably put a weeks groceries in the trunk and still have room for the dog.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thanks

Guys,

I had the "blue" and "green" pictures as my Pc wallpaper years ago. I even Emailed (with out success) Honda USA to push our interest in that Scoot.

Billmeek - thanks for the url to the gallery - I'd never seen the other pics.

Back end doesn't look too cool - unless we are back in the 50's

Rob

·
Registered
30,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: Thanks

RobK said:
Billmeek - thanks for the url to the gallery - I'd never seen the other pics.
You're very welcome Rob! I grabbed copies of pics and placed them in that gallery in case the origionals disappeared off the web. The site I got them from was rather slow too.

RobK said:
Back end doesn't look too cool - unless we are back in the 50's
I think that's part of the reason I like it so much... the 'retro look' of it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts