Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
That thing, if brought into production, will be a dust collector on the dealer's showroom floor. Can't imagine anyone who rides a ST1300 or ST1100 wanting something like that. Honda is going to lose their sport-touring m/c business to Yamaha w/ the new FJR or the turbine-smooth Concours or the new offerings from BMW.

·
Administrator
20,100 Posts
That thing, if brought into production, will be a dust collector on the dealer's showroom floor. Can't imagine anyone who rides a ST1300 or ST1100 wanting something like that. Honda is going to lose their sport-touring m/c business to Yamaha w/ the new FJR or the turbine-smooth Concours or the new offerings from BMW.
I tend to dissagree with ya ED. :D I'd buy one if I were in the market for a Liter + Sport Touring bike. But I would need to have the DCT and FARKLES. I have had a day on a ST1100 and a few hours on an early ST1300, liked them but not enough to drop $15K.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
No way that thing is replacing the ST. Honda would lose all their sports-touring cred. Plus they'd lose out on all the cop bike variant sales of the full fairinged bike.

Baggers are real popular right now. Honda is probably just doing what they did with the Valkyrie 10 years ago. Take an existing bike, like the ST, or Goldwing in the Valkyrie's case, wrap it in some different Tupperware, and go after a different market segment. All the while keeping the original bikes in the line up.

Hondas Just trying to increase market share with minimal new investment like a new motor. Smart business move.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
++1

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
Fugly.

'Nuff said.

·
Registered
590 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
While I agree that most ST riders aren't looking for this sort of thing, there sure are a lot of cruiser riders out there who like the bags. I think Honda is just trying to get a bit more of a foothold in that market before Spring arrives.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I think it's a copy of the FB-6 .
I thought they were pretty ugly when they first came out, but the FB-6 has grown on me. A local riding friend has one and he loves it.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Sure looks like it would be a nice bike to ride on COLD days with that exhaust right by your legs. Wait...........lets see that's what my brother complains about with his ST1100 out here in the desert.;)

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
I see two markets for this bike.

The aging GW rider who is tired of dealing with a 900+ pound, 35 mpg behemoth, but still can't admit to himself that the Burg 650 a great replacement.

The younger rider who aspires to a GW but doesn't want to/can't afford to spend $22k+ and can't admit to himself that the Burg 650 can do the job.

This looks like nice cruiser/tourer, but it is definitely not a replacement for a sports tourer.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Of the Triumph Trophy which beats them all hands down!!!

·
Registered
661 Posts
I've got a ST1100 and LOVE it.
My first look at this bike I thought it was pretty ugly. After looking at a few of the various pictures it's kind of grown on me. My concern would be the windshield height - I want wind protection and protection from the rain when it does so - with the low shield it doesn't look like much of either will happen.
If you look at the bike, winshield down, it's a nice looking machine. Add the handlebars and upper fairing and ... well ...
I'm not dropping 15K on one anytime soon.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts