1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
It will probably make a great urban assault vehicle like my 2010 Honda SH150 for inner city congestion but I sold mine since the top speed of 65 mph wont cut it on the highway.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
I'd like to see the Honda X-ACV 750 make it over here. But then, if Honda could enlarge the gas tank and double the underseat storage volumes it would be a great stand in for the Burgman 650 if Suzuki doesn't continue to fill the super scooter category. Well, except that it uses a chain final drive. Would also be nice if that were belt/shaft or gear train like the Burgman 650.

Or even if the Honda Integra were to show up over here.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a Honda X-Adv. It weighs 238kg which is no lightweight. Mine is thev750 version I hope the 150cc is a lot lighter or it will be like a veritable slug that's drunk slithering through molasses on a frosty morning.
The 150’s Curb weight is just shy of 300 pounds or 136.078kg....not sure what that is in stones ;)

·
Registered
538 Posts
The 150’s Curb weight is just shy of 300 pounds or 136.078kg....not sure what that is in stones ;)
21.42 stones or me plus 25% 🙂
Frame must be made from copper tubing 🤣fair play to Honda shaving 102 kg's or 224 lbs or 16 stones. Admittedly it's a single cylinder but that's an impressive weight loss over the 750 version

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
My Honda SH150 was 300 lbs. and quick off the line. Lighter roller weights and aftermarket exhaust.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Fair play to Honda dumping 102 kg or 16 stone, frame must be made of copper tubing 🤣 The 750 has 54 BHP so not exactly fast on the uptake. Do over 100 mph but no rush ti get there. 150cc hmmm not my cup of tea/ coffee

·
Registered
984 Posts
The 750 has 54 BHP so not exactly fast on the uptake. Do over 100 mph but no rush ti get there.
Isn't that about the same HP as the B650? From what I understand it will get to 100 pretty quick so I wonder why the difference?

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Why, oh why do these motorbike manufacturers continue to give the USA the smallest engine displacement scooters as of late? Have they not heard about how expansive this country is and how our Interstate system with its high speeds requires vehicles that have ***s?
I get that scooters are not a thing here, but it just seems like they’re making the situation worse by reinforcing the local stereotype Americans have of them being dangerously underpowered sissy two wheeled vehicles.
At least offer large displacement models alongside any small urban commuter models.
I remember once debating with a motorcycle rider about the merits of maxiscooters wherein he argued “Scooters aren’t supposed to be powerful bikes with *@//$, they’re supposed to be small sissy things for people who can’t ride with the big boys” etc.
I told him that makes me think about the weak kid in school who always gets bullied suddenly going out and lifting weight, learning jiu jitsu and, once he is now a force to be reckoned with, it just drives his former tormentors batty that they no longer have a little guy to pick on anymore. ”Why don’t you just get back in your place” was all I was hearing from his kind of mentality.
Well it seems motorcycle manufacturers are reinforcing his message to US buyers.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Agree with that assessment @BurgyBill . At least I know of SOME sport touring riders who have reset their impressions after riding with me or after experiencing the super scooter first hand. I've always felt my current ride is just a motorcycle not unlike any other except for the gas tank being relocated. And if I put a hump bag in that space it's even more like many newer bigger motorcycles with a storage box where the faux "tank" would be.

·
Registered
181 Posts
"I remember once debating with a motorcycle rider about the merits of maxiscooters wherein he argued “Scooters are ... supposed to be small sissy things for people who can’t ride with the big boys”

This is so ignorant. I pass riders constantly who visually reek of this attitude. They ride enormous, expensive land yachts that, basically, if you added a roof, would be Smart cars. They have their noses in the air as they roll by my "lowly" Burgman, and I often smile and think, "The Burgman is so much smarter" ... automatic for faster reaction time, easy to manuever, able to cruise on a super slab or run local errands. They can be impressed with themselves all day (and they will be). No doubt who's got the enlightened motorcycle ride.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Isn't that about the same HP as the B650? From what I understand it will get to 100 pretty quick so I wonder why the difference?
True but it's a slow lazy engine. Red lines at 6.5 rpm. In drive it drops into 6th gear by 45mph. Putting it into sport gives it a more aggressive map and it picks up its skirts a bit better.
In drive it is probably a bit slower on the uptake than the hungry. Well it seems that way anyway. Fun to ride though. Scooter seating on a bike bike feel. Cant complain. Tall seat though and the foot boards give you a small gap to drop your feet. So short people beware :D

·
Registered
139 Posts
Why, oh why do these motorbike manufacturers continue to give the USA the smallest engine displacement scooters as of late?
I get that scooters are not a thing here, but it just seems like they’re making the situation worse by reinforcing the local stereotype Americans have of them being dangerously underpowered sissy two wheeled vehicles.
Don't blame the manufactures. Manufactures are like Vultures: they go where the meat is at. blame it on the American Ego. We used to have colorful motorcycles. Now we just get dull black and grey colors. These colors are not sissy colors. These colors are masculine strong colors.:rolleyes:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts