Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys/girls,

Am considering picking up a very nice '85 Honda Elite 150 Deluxe w/ ~6500 miles on the clock. Was wondering if anyone here has one or has had one and would care to expound upon it. No, I'm not trading my Burgman in or anything, but am looking for something like this to play around with. I'm a sucker for older bikes that are in really nice condition.

Thanks much,

RUT

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have one. Mine is an 86' model with 6,200 miles and in really good shape. I bought it in 88' and have had it ever since. It's the one two wheeler I have that get's the most attention. I have it and a spare that someone gave me along the way for parts.

They're kind of cool and much better quality machines than many of the GY6 based 150cc scooters being sold today. The fact that they're water cooled and the retractable headlight on the Deluxe is unique.

For me, this is the one I plan to keep until my demise. I crank it regularly and ride it around home when I get the chance.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey, that's great to hear. I have to think it must be pretty decent considering how long you've had it. Funny you should mention the retractable headlight, as that's apparently the only thing that doesn't work. Fortunately, it's stuck in the open position. Would that be a cable replacement issue or is it worse than that? It's no biggie if I can't readily fix it I guess. I think I'll be seeing it tomorrow night, so I'll no more about it then.

Thanks much.....

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hey, that's great to hear. I have to think it must be pretty decent considering how long you've had it. Funny you should mention the retractable headlight, as that's apparently the only thing that doesn't work. Fortunately, it's stuck in the open position. Would that be a cable replacement issue or is it worse than that? It's no biggie if I can't readily fix it I guess. I think I'll be seeing it tomorrow night, so I'll no more about it then.

Thanks much.....
No, the headlight moves via a servo unit and is electrical. You have to make sure the contacts are clean and it's well grounded. The engines are bulletproof, as one of my sons put over 30,000 miles on an 87' model he traveled on while in college. After college, he sold it to one of his friends and he's still riding it.

The Deluxe models of those years have the retractable headlight and the standard versions didn't. They have a very "square" look to them that was popular with many automobiles of that same era.

I hope it works out for you,

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, thanks for the heads-up. Will have to research the servo motor matter, but i suppose the worst that could happen is the headlight is at the ready at all times. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts