Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm Ian from the UK, I used to write for the Twist and Go magazine.

I must have done every mod and had every problem on my MK1 burger, I'll let you know about them all soon.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Welcome to the BurgmanUSA forums Ian. Glad to have you join us. Look forward to seeing your mods.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Mupp - looking at your 'Av' picture it looks as if your burgervan has been heavily mod'd !!! When did you decide to bin the plastics?

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Hi Ian

Good to have you and your experience onboard - welcome. :hello2:

I wait with baited breath about the mods - also interested on your view on my crap mpg figures surely it cannot be down to my driving style alone and what do you think of the mileage figures the guys in the States are getting - is it all down to FI or are they grannying the twistgrip?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Norm or is it Ozzy?

Can't see much wrong with 60mpg, in standard set up (standard exhaust and variator) you should get between 40-80mpg depending on speed and terrain your riding in.
I managed 116 mpg while in Ireland the other year, 30 mph all day sight seeing with small throttle openings and that was 2 up. Blasting down the motorway at full throttle and the **** thing drinks the juice.
I get about 100 miles from a tank on the motorway, have you noticed how the last half a tank doesn't last as long as the first half?

Got to strip the engine down over xmas to replace a few gaskets as I have an oil leak :cry:

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Greetings Ian :wave: and welcome to the forum. I'm looking forward to your future posts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts