Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
Enjoying this forum since recently sourcing a pair of mk1 400’s. Different sellers at different ends of this little UK Province I live in ‘Northern Ireland’ but despite quite different asking prices I ended up paying the same for each £1350. Both have 20k on them.
300 Mile round trip to collect both on a trailer. Both been valeted and serviced and now I’m enjoying riding them to get familiar…. The low seat and feet forward position is taking some getting used to but loving them both so far. The red one will be my wife’s and silver mine.. both young Sons will go pillion for sunny day outings and weekends away.. 🙂
Plant Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Cloud
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Plant
Wheel Tire Vehicle Plant Motor vehicle
Wheel Tire Cloud Sky Car

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Who says you have to spend a ton of money to have some fun! Congrats!

Reactions: JonThePedaler

·
Registered
281 Posts
Best motorcycling thing I ever did was buy TWO Zuma 125s when we lived in Mexico City (suburbs, so lovely!) so my wife would ride with me and when she discovered how much fun it was she never again asked my why I ride or why I wouldn't stop. You've got it even better, with touring bikes. It will be such a memorable thing for your family. Awesome! And the 400 won't let you down. Welcome to the group. TONS of great maintenance advice in here, too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for that reply Jeff. I’m 50years and have owned all sorts over the decades but smiles per pound spent I think I’ve had more fun on the smaller bikes than the big ones.. this pair of quite small capacity machines will deliver many smiles per pound for the four of us… my wife hasn’t ridden a powered two wheeler for fifteen years, not since we bought a pair of new Honda SH300’s (image attached!) - we are recreating those fun times but with these twenty year old Burger 400’s.

second image is my lad enjoying his first trip out pillion!
Face Head Smile Motor vehicle Automotive lighting
Wheel Car Land vehicle Tire Vehicle

·
Registered
281 Posts
Is that a picture from the Honda catalog? Now I feel old AND ugly (both true). I know the kids must love it. We got all 4 of ours out riding and they did. Have a wonderful and safe riding life together.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the welcome…. My eldest who’s eleven and in this image sat on a Royal Enfield 650 Interceptor, was riding my Burgman around a large private car park competently within minutes.. Rev and go is so easy isn’t it! We are all looking forward to sourcing a bike to bike four piece intercom system and getting out and about as a family. Insurance for me comprehensive was £65 for the year - cheap to run yet fun what more can I ask for..
Smile Hairstyle Automotive design Motor vehicle Jacket

·
Premium Member
2,142 Posts
Welcome, I have a 2008 AN 400 and wonder if those pretty wheels can fit on mine 🙂

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
The Honda SH300's must have been nice too. Never sold in the U.S. We had a SH150 for one year. (2010)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The Honda SH300's must have been nice too. Never sold in the U.S. We had a SH150 for one year. (2010)
I’ve owned a few SH125’s over the years (150 never available in the UK) and the 300.. I’ve always held the SH range in high regard, I admit I favour that ‘Vespa’ riding position ie 90 degree hip ankle and knee over the low seat, feet forward Burgman position.. and the larger wheels…. The SH300 was a very capable and fun machine ..

I mention the Royal Enfield Interceptor above - if I wasn’t a long legged 6’2” I would be sorely tempted with one of those too - best selli bike in Europe for some time now… as was the SH range for many years!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts