Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
to the forum....somewhere and i think it was on our site someone said something to the effect that highway pegs would be nice....got me to thinking since i have a bad leg/knee ...that it would be nice to totally stretch out on long day cruises. so i found a pair of fold up highway pegs on the net for 36.00 and made a hidden angle iron frame work in back of the lower fairing on the sides and fastened it to the 400 burgman frame and foot rest framework i only had to drill a couple of 3/4 in holes for the bolts to attach the pegs to through the lower fairing to mount them . they work like a charm and look almost like they were original. while you wouldnt want to use them for a full weight step they are more than sturdy for a footpeg while riding. its probably not something i could tell everyone how to do exactly because everyones inseam is different but they work great for me took about 6 hrs to fabricate and do everything. someone else if they want to spend the time could also do to their bike what i did but adjust for their inseam and/or requirements just fyi.,... safe riding eyes5002

·
Registered
728 Posts
Market them. I'm sure they'd sell like hotcakes.
Its looking to me like suzuki has a winner here with the burgmans. What would be awsome is if they could bump up the 650 to a 750, then they'd have a super scooter. Make the 400 a 500, the 650 a 750...YAH, now they'd be rulers of the scooter world.
Then if one owned a burgman, they'd have the best of everything. A great little cruiser, tourning bike with the looks of a sport bike. May heads would turn with a bike like that.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Great job Eyes....Very professional looking

You have now opened the floodgates 8)

If possible can you post pics of the actual mounting to the frame?

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
I would say it looks like stock factory pegs,
That's a real first class job.
Yes , mounting pictures if you can :!:

·
Registered
857 Posts
Terrific!! Can I ask for two more photos? One, a side shot, with your foot on the pegs where the bottom of your foot is on the peg, and the second photo, with your leg straight and the back of your foot/ankle resting on the peg. I'm 6" 2" with 32 inch inseam, and I think I would want my pegs a bit further forward...but perhaps not. I've seen people use pegs either way, using them as a "cradle" with the back of the ankle/foot resting on top of the peg, OR with the bottom of the foot on the peg.

Hope that makes sense. I'm not sure which would be more comfortable. Probably a peg that would allow you to do either...

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
to the forum, some have asked about how i use the pegs with regard to foot position so i added 3 pictures . they work great for me but i personally at faster highway cruise speeds prefer to use the peg as a cradle heel type rest and the ball of my foot at in town slower speeds . the framework under the fairing would allow the pegs to be mounted up higher [toward headlight ] if it was desired . i did mine to fit my legs. eyes5002

·
Registered
250 Posts
I must be disfunctional today, but i can't find the pictures of the mounting process. I found the finished photos, and it's a really cool mod. Can someone drop a link in here for me to wherever the pictures of the assembly process are? (or are there no pictures that show how it was done and I'm just off all together?)

:help:

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
Yes please how are they actually mounted to the frame.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts