Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,249 Posts
There have been a few threads on the board about people doing this to various models of Burgmans. Whether you are talking about a 400 or a 650 the problem is the same. To get to a place where you can tie them into the frame you are going to have to cut holes in the bodywork. If you just attach them to the body work you risk having the plastic fatigue and crack.

If you do decide to drill holes in the plastic to gain access to the frame remember to allow for later removal of the bodywork. If you need to remove it to do maintenance on the bike the pegs may be in the way and need to be removed first.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Taking some 3/16" or 1/4" stainless steel plate and replacing the rubber mats with that (step traction material added) and having pieces welded onto that for the clevis to mount to would solve the problem of having a secure mounting location without sacrificing the bodywork. Having the means to fabricate it or a specific drawing to have it made in an elegant fashion is the trick.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Or, put your feet up on the floorboards......
+1. I've always found Burgman's to be the most comfortable bikes I've ever ridden for just this reason, those lovely slanted footboards in front. They work great for me. But some people have really long legs, so I can see someone wanting highway pegs. I just don't see how to mount them on the Burgman, without cutting chunks of plastic.

·
Registered
352 Posts
It's kind of funny, but one (small) reason I bought my B400 instead of a Honda Shadow was because of the footboards. I wasn't sure I'd like the foot-forward position on the Shadow. On the 400, I could keep my feet flat, but move them forward if I wanted to. Now that I have it, about 95% of the time my feet are forward, with my heel on the corner with the flat part! :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts