Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, i just realized due to my shut off issue and looking at the odometer that I have almost 50k on her:eek:ccasion9:. Is that high mileage for a a burgy? I change the oil about 3k just because of the high RPM's. I am also adding oil every other day because i have to ride on the freeway 45 minutes each way. So I am hoping the fresh oil is keeping the friction wear down.

Mike

·
Premium Member
14,278 Posts
Higher than most but not the highest I've seen.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Buffalo, give me time, give me time. It is the only way to get around in the bay area.
Mike

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Here is the Uk we have many many 400 Burgmans with 70-80,000 miles on the clock. The highest I've seen is 98,000 miles. Over here we don't tend to change the oil as much as you guys the other side of the pond either. In fact, the 98k 2008 400 has only ever been serviced by the dealer at the Suzuki recommended service intervals/time limits. It's as good as new. It's had a new variator at 60k, and all the other normal consumable stuff but nothing else. The valve clearances have been regularly checked and adjusted just twice (only exhaust valves needed adjusting). It's had a clutch also but nothing else. It doesn't use any noticeable amount of oil either according to the owner. He uses fully synthetic motorcycle oil and has done so since the 7500 mile service. By not putting it in too soon it allows the engine to finish fully conforming (running in). Sounds like you are doing ok though. Good luck!

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Hi all, i just realized due to my shut off issue and looking at the odometer that I have almost 50k on her:eek:ccasion9:. Is that high mileage for a a burgy? I change the oil about 3k just because of the high RPM's. I am also adding oil every other day because i have to ride on the freeway 45 minutes each way. So I am hoping the fresh oil is keeping the friction wear down.

Mike
You finally complete break in period, now you can ride the life out of your 400. ;) :eek:ccasion5:

·
Registered
367 Posts
:thumbup:

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
I had 46k+ on my 07 when I sold it. Still had the OEM brake pads and was running great.:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts