Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just joined this forum and find it is great. Searched around looking for a couple of answers but did not find anything definitive.

1) How does the 400 run at higher altitude say above 7000' ? We travel full time and stay high (altitude ha,ha) during the summer.

2) We will be riding two up a lot at a total weight of 260lbs. Occasionally on freeway (75mph in the west )but mostly on 55 mph or less roads. How's it going to do?

3) Has anyone towed a real light weight trailer? We currently tow our tandem bicycle on a trailer (total weight 88lbs not much aerodynamic drag)for short distances behind the SV650 we are selling.

4) Unfortunately the 650 will not fit in the garage, that's on the back of the truck that tows our home. It's also too tall for Vicki. Any input?

Thanks,
Rick (In the middle of nowhere AZ)

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Welcome to the BurgmanUSA forums Rick. Glad to have you join us.

Tandem Cyclist said:
1) How does the 400 run at higher altitude say above 7000' ? We travel full time and stay high (altitude ha,ha) during the summer.
No idea about the altitude. Maybe someone else can give you better feedback.

Tandem Cyclist said:
2) We will be riding two up a lot at a total weight of 260lbs. Occasionally on freeway (75mph in the west )but mostly on 55 mph or less roads. How's it going to do?
260 pounds? No problem. The 400 hauls my 230 pounds around with no problem what so ever.

Tandem Cyclist said:
3) Has anyone towed a real light weight trailer? We currently tow our tandem bicycle on a trailer (total weight 88lbs not much aerodynamic drag)for short distances behind the SV650 we are selling.
No one has with the 400 that I know of ... yet. Given the weight, I don't think it would be a problem for the 400 at all.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Welcome Rick!! Just like Bill said, you will have no problem hauling 260 lbs on the 400. Even my 49cc would carry my 245lb frame along with my girlfriend's 120lbs. I alone outweighed the scooter, and it would still carry us easily up to 50mph. Just imagine what a real scooter like the Burgman will do!! :wink:

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
Welcome Rick!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts