Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased a couple of these HiFlo air filters from a stockist in the U.K. (eBay)
They seem to compare very well with the Suzuki filter. Paid about $19 for ea., this included shipping from England. They were quickly shipped and arrived in orig. boxes, in perfect condition.
Sorry, don't have a clean OEM filter to show with the HiFlo - I put my spare Suzuki filter in the scooter after only 2500 miles.
Stig

·
Premium Member
6,178 Posts
Looks like a good place to get a spare from. You do know they can be washed & reused?

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Always on the UK, Always on the UK,
Always on the hardcore UK
Hardcore UK, Hardcore UK
Always on the UK

And we kept it UK
(c)

·
Registered
66 Posts
It would seem to me something is wrong if the air filter gets that dirty and oily after 2500 miles. Too much oil or something not fit correctly.

·
Registered
112 Posts
It would seem to me something is wrong if the air filter gets that dirty and oily after 2500 miles. Too much oil or something not fit correctly.
If it was dirty underneaf I would think that it would be because of oil blowby which is not the case here. The blowby hose being in between the air filter and throttle body. Being dirty on the inlet side can only be road grime. Mine is the same way, and others I've replaced were just as dirty at that millage. :smile

·
Registered
71 Posts
Lots of diesels you are following or just a crummy enviorment atmosphere you are breathing in. I have never had a air filter that dirty in my bikes or other road vehicles. Might want a filter under the helmet too!

·
Registered
345 Posts
One area I see corners cut is the perforations on the back side. The oe filter has more air flowing past the metal screen. You can see more filter material through it.

Reactions: BurgyBill

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey Thank,s their Stig after reading ur post I went and ordered one off ebay £8 delivered.
Bike is running quiter and sweeter as my old one was proper black thilthy.ey.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts