Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, hope you all are having a great day. Just wanted to introduce myself here. Just bought me a brand new 2013 Burgman 650.
All I can say, of corse, after I get over my big grin on my face, lol I love this thing. This is my third 650, and I like this new and improve one better. My first one was an 03 and put 47k miles on it. My second one was a 07 put 54k miles on it. Both times that I sold them was because I got the itch for a sport bike again. I've been ridding sport bikes since I was 15 1/2 years old.
I bought my first burgman to use for work cause it had a lot of storage under the seat and therefore, I didn't have to wear a back pack like I did on my sport bike.
I hated that extra weight on my back while riding the sport bike.
I stopped riding completely for about three years and now I had to buy another bike cause my job moved me a little farther from home. I'm older now and have quite a bit of back pain, so a sport bike is definitely not want I would be riding anymore. I decided to go check out the new Burgman 650 and fell in love all over again.
I bought the white one with all the bells and whistles on it. Not sure if they still call this the Executive model. My other two burgs where not the executive model so I can tell you that I'm really loving these power mirrors in traffic. I used to have to manually pull them in really fast when it got tight in traffic, then quickly pop them back out as soon as traffic cleared up. What a pain. Lol
I guess the only problem that Suzuki has not fixed and that I'm really disappointed in is that the seat is still horrible!!! not comfy at all by no means. No driver back rest doesn't make it any better either.... :(
20-30 min in the saddle and my rear is numb..
I've been looking at some alternatives here on the forum starting with the back rest. There are a few out there, but need one that can push me back at least 2-3" and give me good support along with having my wife still be comfy and not taking any space from her too. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Sorry for rambling off soo much. Lol
Just glad to be here and a proud owner again on the best scooter out there on steroids. Lol

·
Registered
170 Posts
Hello and welcome. I am in Lafayette, In. If you get a chance try and make the motogp in Indianapolis in August, Its a HOOT!!! If you have a motorcycle you have the option of parking on the long back stretch.

I personally want some one to make a 1000cc maxi with all the gadgets a Goldwing has. I would gladly pay the 18,000 for that. I have bad knees and hips but I still made a 1000 mile in 24 hour charity ride last summer with no problems with back pain. It was like sitting in my lounge chair for 1000 miles.

I have a silverwing that I use for my daily commuter but I am seriously thinking of getting a BMW 650GT. They have a few bugs that are going to take a couple more years to get worked out.
When I have the Burg on the interstate its a real touring machine. Try putting it in manual and then go to 6th gear, Mine does 95 mph at 5500 rpm and its not even breathing hard.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Congrats on your new 650! Sounds like you put a lot of miles on your Burgmans. Let us know how you like the 2013 model.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hey welcome to your 2013 Burg! Am on my 3rd commute day on my new to me 08 650 Exec and love it. Please tell me what oil you run and how often do you change it. Also is there a finial drive oil you prefer. With 47K on yours you must know what it takes to make one live a good life.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi guys, thanks for all the warm welcomes. I'm on my third day as well riding it to work and all I can say is WOW!!! I've missed this busa a lot. Lol this model feels a lot more lose to the wheels. Just feels like easy Rollin and soo smooth. Me personally, I'm glad they got rid of the breaking system on it when you let off the gas. It just feels soo much better and smoother. This is just how feel about it. I know a few of you still like the breaking system on it. Really, really LOVE the power mirrors... OMG, it come in handy soo much in traffic when I'm splitting lanes. Unfortunately, not much I can say about the seat. I hate it stil. Going to save my pennies for a Corbin seat cause a Russel one is just way out of my price range.
For now, I am definitely going to get me the backrest as it will definitely help my back a great deal. It will let me sit back a few inches on the saddle and give me more leg room for sure.
Want to thank LiamJs for the info on the back rest. Going to look into that one brotha. ��
@Awilco as far as the type of oil I use and the oil for the final drive, I relied on the proper schedual maintenance every time it was do and trusted the dealer to take care of everything for me. The dealer by my house already knows me and know how picky I am with my stuff. The service I get there is awesome. I'm, by no means a Machanic so I don't mess around with anything mechanical on the bike. I'll barely get enough guts to tinker with small accessories and add ons to tho bike and that's about it. Lol
So to answer your questions on the oil type, I would say to consult with your dealer or I'm sure someone here on this forum can answer those questions for you. There are a lot of knolligabel peeps here that can point you In the right directions.
Hope your injoying your burgman too buddy. I don't think I would ever go back to any other kind of bike. This 650 is soo perfect for me. Well, I take that back, unless Suzuki builds a new model thats nicer than this one and would have to har a way more comfortable seat and I wouldn't mind maybe a 800cc or even a 1,000cc just to have a little more power. Lol nothing wrong with that. ��

1 - 8 of 8 Posts