Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say hi and glad to be part of the forum. Recently sold my 05 CBR1000RR which I had from new and wanted something more cruisy than sporty so I opted for an 05 Burgman 650! Also not as young as I used to be as I am well into my 40s now and the old bike was a great buzz for a few years. Now looking for more comfort than speed!

Picked up the Burgman last week and only done minimum km's on it since still waiting for the paperwork etc to be transferred but I have to say that I was impressed with the power of this thing! Pretty sure i made the right move in going with the Burgman and I hope it turns out to be as reliable and pleasurable as my old bike.

HT

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Welcome to BUSA from sunny Los Angeles, California.

Sounds like you made a wise decision. You will love the Burg. I got an 05 as well several months back. The are very comfortable and the performance superb.

Enjoy the new ride.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Welcome

Welcome! I am 56 and this is my 8th bike. I just came off a '99 Kawasaki Concours (KG-1000) and two Suzuki V-Strom 1000s. Found a 2007 Burgman 650 last summer with only 2,300 miles. What a great bike! Lots of fun - plenty fast enough, comfortable, quiet, and LOTS of storage room for trips. I strap on one of my old Nelson-Rigg 850 saddlebags on the back seat like a tailbag for an additional 35+ liters of storage.

Would love to see some photos of your rides around Greece. We were stationed in Germany from 2000-2003 but could not get enough time to make it to Greece. :( Maybe someday.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Tampa, Florida - it looks like you're in a beautiful place to ride!

I too came from the Kawasaki Concours - my last four were from '00, '01, '02, and '04 - and I've really been enjoying my '07 650. I don't feel the lack of a liter engine at all and I love the storage space when commuting and fetching groceries.

I had all sorts of questions at first and was able to find the answers to all of them right here. Hope your experience is similarly positive. Glad to have you here, HT - it's great to have a fresh voice in the mix!

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Welcome from the desert of So. Cal. At just well into your 40's your a youngster compared to quite a few of us.
I to was stationed in Germany & did do some NATO stuff back in 69 in Greece. Fact is we flew into Thessaloniki. Couldn't believe I was in a city that Paul the Apostle was in 2000 years ago.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts