Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all:

Just wanted to say thanks for all the great information on this site. This was a big reason I decided to sell my CBR1100XX and start scootering. I just bought a leftover 2012 650 exec on Tuesday and couldn't be happier.

The CBR had been mostly sitting gathering dust for the last couple years. I still loved riding but it seemed like a hassle to get it out of the garage and I did not find that it was a good bike for around town or my freeway commute. Whenever it was time to get off it I was usually very happy to be done with the ride.

What a difference with the Burgman! I can't belive I put up with all the aches I got from the CBR for all those years! What a feeling to ride for 90 minutes straigh and have not one single ache! The Burgman is a revalation that makes me see riding in a totally different way. I thought there was a chance I'd miss the motorcycle - but no way. The Burgman practically begs me to get on hit the highway. First time through the local roundabouts I felt so comfortable on it I ground the centerstand on the left hand side. She's big but handles great.

Just need to get her farkled up this weekend and I'll be ready to hit the road!!! I think a clearview shield and gps mount will be the first updates I'll need to make.

As far as the clearview, I'm 5'10" and want a shield I can see over in both the up and down position. I was thinking either medium or large. Any suggestions?

Thanks again for all the information. Hopefully once I've had mine for a bit I'll have some feedback to share.

Dirk

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Welcome to BUSA from sunny Los Angeles.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Your story sound very familiar to lots of folks here. I'm the same way - loved the idea of a big sport-touring motorcycle, but realized I would spend a lot of time wondering if it was worth the hassle for my commute to work. For that, the Burgman excels. Welcome.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts