Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all you fellow Burgers out there.
We ride a June 2003 Blue 650 Burgman, 3000 miles since brand new, very happy, very smooth bike. Had a 250 Honda Foresight before this, and like Greg in Australia, had our gate lock broken, and bike taken out on a skateboard to get around the steering lock and two disc locks. Stolen to order to cops reckon, never seen again. The new bike has alarm/immobilizer, disc lock and two chains to ground anchors, plus upgraded gate lock. Holding thumbs. Riding the Burgman has been a bit limited, following a small medical problem for Gail, she is now fully recovered. We did 24000 miles in 3 years on the Honda, but may not see that on the Burgman. Happy with the fuel economy, don't take a fistful of throttle, content to cruise at 70mph, although we know she can do 100 mph two up without strain. Ride in almost all weathers, out for 70 miles Sunday between Christmas and New Year in 2 Centigrade.
Regards
Randal and Gail

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Hi Randall,Gail and welcome to the site. I grew up and lived in Peterborough , Ont untill the age of 20. My machine is parked for the winter and I'm waiting untill spring. Then I can ride it back to Peterborough to visit my parents.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Who are you etc

Hi Allen
Really enjoying this site, have not found anything like it on this side of the Ocean.
Have only seen one other 650 and that was in a railway station parking lot.
Although we will be in Canada in June, we are heading for Kelowna, BC, so won't be able to put Peterborough, Ont, onto our visit list.
We did capture Peterborough, Victoria, Australia last December, cos it was convenient to the Great Ocean Road, so worth a visit and do take the chopper flight. The road is fantastic with incredible coastal scenery, we did it by car, but it must be a blast on a bike. Saw lots of them and it was mid week!
Regards
Gail and Randal

1 - 3 of 3 Posts