Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All -

Wanted to introduce myself. Doc from Roseland. I just bought Joe Zeff's '04 B'Man after looking a long time for one. I also have a Silver Wing (now triked). Can't wait to put some miles on the B'man and to meet up with some of my fellow Jersey Bikers.

Check my site http://www.JerseyBiker.com for a look at some of my other toys.

If you Jersey guys/gals get together for rides, please let me know when and where.

Be well and Ride Safe

DOC

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Hi (again) Doc.

Thought I might mention your website is not viewable in the Firefox web browser. The center frame displays code rather than the contents. It does display in IE which allows for miscoded web pages. Imagine .... Microsoft allowing for someone else to make errors. :roll:

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry 'bout that. I'm not a real web guru. I've heard the site doesn't work well with Netscape either.

One of these days I'll have to fix it. Thanks for letting me know.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Welcome to the forum Doc. There are a bunch of great people here. If I'm not mistaken, you are the same Doc that used to have a PC800. If so, you will find this forum as useful and family like as the PC foum. I was mostly a lurker on that forum since I was never really able to successfully ride the PC. I am extremely vertically challanged, and the PC was too top heavy for me. I love my Burgman, and have racked up over 4000 miles on her since I bought her in July.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Doc,

Did a little playing around and located the problem. It's a problem with the server configuration. It is sending ASP files as text/plain and that is the way most browsers will treat them. Internet Explorer 'guesses' about the content of unknown files before rendering them. This is one of the reasons why IE is vulnerable to spyware/viruses because it can be tricked into assuming wrong. You (or the site admin) need to change the server to have ASP files sent as HTML rather than plain text.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Greetings Doc and welcome to the forum. Congrats on the new ride.

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
khelton

Hey - That's pretty good detective work! I haven't had a PC800 in a while. I'm surprised you remember me.

I've been loving my Silver Wing but think I'll love the B'Man even more.

I like your site - great pics!

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
billmeek

Great- Thanks! I'll look into making that change.

Ride safe

1 - 9 of 9 Posts