Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys!
I was born and raised in Vladivostok (Russia), and a few years ago moved to Moscow.
In my youth I had a few 50cc scooters (Honda Tact, Yamaha jog, etc.) and this summer I decided to recall childhood :p
Because during that time I went up slightly (6'7" and 300 pounds) that I decided that I just my big weighing crush small scooter.
And I began to look for a big scooter. I've been reading different forums and reviews of the owners maxiscooters and chose the largest scooter - Suzuki Burgman 650.
Temporarily until I bought 2005 model year with mileage 12,000 miles (the maximum configuration) from Japan, the domestic market it is called Skywave 650. Want to get used to it and for the next year will look the same model fresher.
I had already installed on my Skywave Yoshimura exhaust system and now car drivers better hear me, this is an important element of passive safety. And it's time to change the front brake discs and pads, and yesterday I put improved front brakes with ceramic pads. Began to slowly grind them.

I ask you to forgive me for my English is not very good.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello

Great to see your post. I'm in Canada and still ride my 2005 650 which I bought new in 05. This is my 10th season riding it and I still love it. My previous bike was a Honda ST1100 and I have no desire to own anything bigger than the 650 Burgman again.

I've only put 55,000km on the Burgie so far and expect a lot more good riding.

Enjoy your machine and hope the winters are short :)

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Aren't we all being international today. :D
Hello to both from Mississauga and part time Australia.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great to see your post. I'm in Canada and still ride my 2005 650 which I bought new in 05. This is my 10th season riding it and I still love it. My previous bike was a Honda ST1100 and I have no desire to own anything bigger than the 650 Burgman again.
I've only put 55,000km on the Burgie so far and expect a lot more good riding.
Enjoy your machine and hope the winters are short :)
Thank you very much!
I will enjoy my maxiscooter, and every day I love it more and more! :)
That's just winter in Moscow is not very short, I can ride a scooter from May to October.
Have you changed the variator belt? At what mileage it should be changed?

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Welcome to BUSA from sunny Los Angeles. We get a few more riding days here than Moscow. :D

I got my 2005 650 eight months ago and love, love it. But I've had the 400 since new in 06. Love that one too.

Enjoy the bike!

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Hello to both from Mississauga and part time Australia.
Crocodile Dundee in Mississauga Sequel ;)
Vladik harbor meets ferry-boats freighted with Japanese motors almost every day. It's like a major distributor :D

·
Registered
230 Posts
G'DAY from down under may you have a bonza ride and watch out for those international drop bears you never know when they will strike.

English version : Hello from Australia may you have a great ride and watch out for the drunk koalas falling out of trees.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
G'DAY from down under may you have a bonza ride and watch out for those international drop bears you never know when they will strike.

English version : Hello from Australia may you have a great ride and watch out for the drunk koalas falling out of trees.
I didn't know drunk falling koalas were a problem in Moscow. :D

·
Registered
230 Posts
These critters can pop up anywhere .....I think i saw one once in a national geographic show about Antarctica wearing a white fur coat.......Mind you i could of been of my meds that day :D

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Welcome to the forum from sunny Tampa, Florida and congratulations on the new Skywave! You'll find all sorts of answers to any questions you might have about it right here. Glad you found us - it's always good to have a fresh voice in the mix!

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
I didn't know drunk falling koalas were a problem in Moscow. :D
There might be another problem - a circus bear. They can do a thing or two for sure. One time a bear escaped from the circus and frightened some guy on a bicycle. Poor man had to leave his two-wheeler, the bear thou used to drive this thing before the audience.

So he just grabbed it through a force of habit and proceeded along the streets.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Welcome to BUSA from sunny Los Angeles. We get a few more riding days here than Moscow. :D

I got my 2005 650 eight months ago and love, love it. But I've had the 400 since new in 06. Love that one too.

Enjoy the bike!
Thanks! I enjoy my maxiscooter every fine day :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Welcome to the forum from sunny Tampa, Florida and congratulations on the new Skywave! You'll find all sorts of answers to any questions you might have about it right here. Glad you found us - it's always good to have a fresh voice in the mix!
Thank you very much!
I also very much hope that I would find new friends who love Japanese maxiscooters like me! :cheers:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
There might be another problem - a circus bear. They can do a thing or two for sure. One time a bear escaped from the circus and frightened some guy on a bicycle. Poor man had to leave his two-wheeler, the bear thou used to drive this thing before the audience.

So he just grabbed it through a force of habit and proceeded along the streets.
Very funny :toothy10:
Bears do not run on streets in Russia, and yet we don't wear hats with earflaps and don't play the balalaika :D
Come visit to Moscow and see all for yourself ;)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Anubis, most Canadians ride from April until late October. I usually go a little later.... until late November.
I can ride in November too, but the hands are cold very much. In addition, I can easily to freeze anything else :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts