Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I live in Milton Keynes, UK. I have had my silver Burgman 650 Exec for about 6 months now. Only black Execs are available in the UK and I really don't like black so I bought my silver Exec as a Euro import - from the stickers I think it came from Italy. I changed the stock screen for the Clearview GT Large - first in the UK I believe - it makes a big difference. I use the machine for the commute run up to my work in London - a 60 mile trip each way straight down the M1 motorway & then across London. Currently at 9,000 miles on the odo & rising fast. Zero problems so far, still on the original tyres but will need to change the rear in a week or two. The burger works well both on the motorway cruising at 80 mph and filtering through the city. I'm embarrassed pulling away at traffic lights since I leave the sports guys behind still tangled up in their gears. They get a bit p.o. by this & think it's a race - look you guys, I'm not even trying, I'm just an old git pootling along on his scooter mainly concerend with spotting the speed cameras before they spot me. Many thanks to all on this forum - I've found it by far the best source for solid info & entertainment.

Cheers, Robg.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Welcome to the forums Robg. I wish the Executive was available here in the US in any color. Well... almost any color. I hope you don't have the same issue as over here in the states of locating replacment tires. As for the sports guys, just think how bad they'd feel if you were trying. :)

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Greetings and welcome to the forum Robg! :wave:
Glad to hear you're getting along so fine with your new scoot.

Give those poor sport bike a guys a break will you. Can you imagine the humility they must face from there friends.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
robg said:
...They get a bit p.o. by this & think it's a race - look you guys, I'm not even trying, I'm just an old git pootling along on his scooter mainly concerend with spotting the speed cameras before they spot me....
Oh, go ahead. Since they're going to be p.o.'d anyway they may as well get really p.o.'d; next time one pulls up beside you hit the power button, give him a nod and a wink, and when the light turns green...

Crank It! :twisted:

Just remember to back off before you get to the speed cameras. :cry:

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Hi RobG

...........and welcome.

I would be interested to hear of your personal import experience, the how and the how much etc.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Euro importing & sad Ducati...

Hello NormanB,

I took the easy route & bought the bike via "BuyBikesDirect" which happens to be conveniently close to me. UK list price was about £6.9k plus dealer setup charge (I think, memory fades...). BuyBD otr price was £6k. So I guess there was an apparent saving but there are some other costs to be taken into account - 1 year warranty v. 2 yrs for UK model, speedo in Kms, headlights set for rhs. The Euro speedo won't reset to miles, but I can get a converter box easily enough. The headlights are another matter - I suppose this will cost me £200 - £300 when I get round to it... I'm hoping in the meantime a stone will jump up off the road and strike out mine headlight - that way I won't feel so bad about it. Nevermind - I went the Euro route to get the silver... not the gold... As far as BuyBD service is concerned... ok-ish I think... its a business run from the guys home so not totally professional, some delays in supply but transaction went through cleanly enough and they were upfront about additional conversion costs. The bike was well-presented when I picked it up i.e. shiny, but the tyres were badly underinflated.

By the way, alongside the Burger in the guys garage was a brand new, bright & shiny top end Ducati with 18 miles on the clock. When you looked at the other side it was scraped all along the fairing & pegs broken off, etc. Apparently the customer had bought it, took it screaming down the M1 and came off at the first roundabout on his exit.

Cheers, RobG

1 - 6 of 6 Posts