Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Y'all. I don't have my Burgman yet but hope to pick it up in a week or so.
A bit about me: I have been riding for 30 years and the Burger will be my 20th bike. I currently have a Suzuki GS500 which has been great but the ravages of time have meant that even that modest riding position is too tight for me to be comfortable and feel in control of the bike.
My bike is my main transport so I ride almost every day, rain, hail or snow. My usual pillion is my 12yr old son, who liked the GS but loves the idea of a big scooter.
As my user name suggests, I'm from Tasmania, the southern-most state of Australia. We get a bit of snow most winters but rarely enough to close the roads. We have the BEST biking roads in the world. As far as I'm aware I have the only 650 Burger in Tassie, but I'm willing to be corrected on that.
Will drop by this forum a lot and look forward to picking your brains about how to get the best out of the bike.
Cheers.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Hi Tazzy :)

Welcome to the forum :hello2:

Lets have some pics of that fine country of yours.

Look forward to hearing more from you. :)

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Welcome to the BurgmanUSA forums Tassieburger. Glad to have you join us. Congratulations on the Burgman 650.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Welcome!

Welcome! Congrats on the new ride. Tell us more! We want details! Is it a new 05? Executive? What color? Inquiring minds want to know.

:lol:

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Greetings and welcome to the forum. Congrats on getting a new 650!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Welcome!

ScubaGirl said:
Welcome! Congrats on the new ride. Tell us more! We want details! Is it a new 05? Executive? What color? Inquiring minds want to know.

:lol:
An executive? I wish. :( As far as my dealer is concerned, we here in Oz don't deserve the luxury of that level. I mean, we don't get it here as far as I know. :x
The one we do get is pretty good anyway. We can get it in any colour as long as it's silver (Ithink the official Suzuki name for it is pearl white, but it's silver :lol: ).
I already have plans to replace the screen and add a rack (the under-seat trunk is good but my son's fiddle just won't fit). I'll prolly need to upgrade the shocks as well- too much of the good life, you know.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts