Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Kawasaki Vulcan 900
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I wouldn't discount the 200 burgy, I haven't any experience with it but I understand it is just a lighter more fuel economic 400 , you may find some 400's used for sale but the 200 is pretty new and would be a bit scarcer,
Well taken. After good experience with Honda Helix 250, I feel 400 Burgy might be a perfect fit & ride for me. There's a 2007 for sale nearby with 25K but someone said improvements made in 2008 and beyond suggest getting a 2008 or newer 400 is advised. Very hard to find, but I would love to find an acceptable trade for my 2014 Kawasaki 900 with only 5K miles and new Dunlops. Prob will have to sell LT Classic outright and then look for a good 400 Burgy

·
Registered
2014 Kawasaki Vulcan 900
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Red Shift? Mine is faster as it is Blue Shift. ;)

Welcome to the forum Jerry.

Like many, I left the Goldwing groups behind and went to a Baby Goldwing, a Burgman 650. It does all that I need 85% of the time. I do miss the Wing when I need to blast over the ton for a long time but the Burgman 650 will go all day at 105 MPH.
Having owned 3 Goldwings over the years, now at 80, I like lighter machines and am considering getting a 400 Burgman. Should I sell my Kawi 900 and buy a Burgy 400? Good to be with you all

·
Registered
190 Posts
Hi JEP...I would do both; keep the Kawi and get a burgy. You might still want to take some longer trips and the Kawi would be nice. I'm 74 and still riding my rs100 when in the States. I do admit it's harder to push around now than it used to be. I ride my Kymco 180 Racing King most of the time while in Taiwan; it's all I need here. Good luck with your search for the Burgy.

·
Registered
2014 Kawasaki Vulcan 900
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Hi JEP...I would do both; keep the Kawi and get a burgy. You might still want to take some longer trips and the Kawi would be nice. I'm 74 and still riding my rs100 when in the States. I do admit it's harder to push around now than it used to be. I ride my Kymco 180 Racing King most of the time while in Taiwan; it's all I need here. Good luck with your search for the Burgy.
Can't keep both due to $ shortage and space shortage. I ride only short trips of 20 to 40 miles and always solo. And I think a Burgy 400 might be perfect. Good on you riding at 74. Keeps us lively.

·
Premium Member
17,954 Posts
the 650 and the 400 are so different, there's really no comparing them, except for the seat latch, 610 lbs curb weight for 650 474 for 400, both hard to push 362 lbs for the 200 the 200 will run 60-65 mph 88 mpg and about 5000 new , available in lakeland a couple for 4100

·
Registered
2022 Matte Deep Blue Kymco AK 550
4,296 Posts
I hope to be still riding at 80.
66.5 now and just traded my Burgman 650. Wanted to lighten the ride a bit even more than I did 3 years ago. I sold my CTX1300 and shaved off 100 lbs going to the Burgman. Now I'm shaving off another 115 lbs from that going to a 550 without loosing any performance from the 650.

·
Registered
2014 Kawasaki Vulcan 900
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
the 650 and the 400 are so different, there's really no comparing them, except for the seat latch, 610 lbs curb weight for 650 474 for 400, both hard to push 362 lbs for the 200 the 200 will run 60-65 mph 88 mpg and about 5000 new , available in lakeland a couple for 4100
Thanks. Good info. Where in Lakeland?

·
Premium Member
17,954 Posts
Thanks. Good info. Where in Lakeland?
sky powersports in lakeland has a 2018 for 4100 I DO NOT recommend them as service center, if you choose to use them for purchase, carefully examine bike before riding, ie tire pressure, oil qty , nuts and bolts etc . It's your skin and bones, they just care about the money.

·
Registered
2014 Kawasaki Vulcan 900
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
First test ride and push a B650…. If you pay attention to the fuel gauge and where you park you won’t need to push much.
I'm excited about seeing mikeyMarine's 650 this week. I push Kawi 900 backwards in driveway but always move forward running and in gear to turn around under carport. And I never let tank get below half.....Hate to push.....lol

·
Premium Member
4,237 Posts
I'm excited about seeing mikeyMarine's 650 this week. I push Kawi 900 backwards in driveway but always move forward running and in gear to turn around under carport. And I never let tank get below half.....Hate to push.....lol
I just want you to test ride one …. they are unbelievable…. it as close to an electric vehicle experience you will get on two wheels with an engine. So quiet and powerful.

It would be perfect if it had vertical take-offs and landings…almost A Real Magic Carpet.

·
Premium Member
9,812 Posts
Reactions: DarisPakar

·
Registered
2022 Matte Deep Blue Kymco AK 550
4,296 Posts
Wow ! wonder what the ceiling is and if you can barrel roll it ?
You can try. But hang on tight. I hear gravity is a real tug on the old bones. However it really doesn't hurt. It only hurts when you come to a stop! :eek:

·
Registered
2014 Kawasaki Vulcan 900
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
I just want you to test ride one …. they are unbelievable…. it as close to an electric vehicle experience you will get on two wheels with an engine. So quiet and powerful.

It would be perfect if it had vertical take-offs and landings…almost A Real Magic Carpet.
Looking forward to seeing & learning. Maybe a better, lighter ride than my beloved Kawi 900 Vulcan and I like the idea anymore of not having to throw a leg over top......lol

·
Registered
2014 Kawasaki Vulcan 900
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
sky powersports in lakeland has a 2018 for 4100 I DO NOT recommend them as service center, if you choose to use them for purchase, carefully examine bike before riding, ie tire pressure, oil qty , nuts and bolts etc . It's your skin and bones, they just care about the money.
Yeah, I was not impressed with them from past experience. I do like Fun Bike Center in Lakeland a lot for good service. Just got new Dunlops installed here. Btw my cell is 863 206-8757. See you on Tuesday.

·
Registered
2014 Kawasaki Vulcan 900
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
I hope to be still riding at 80.
66.5 now and just traded my Burgman 650. Wanted to lighten the ride a bit even more than I did 3 years ago. I sold my CTX1300 and shaved off 100 lbs going to the Burgman. Now I'm shaving off another 115 lbs from that going to a 550 without loosing any performance from the 650.
I totally understand going to LESS bike weight as we age. Btw way back when I lived near Des Moines airport, I rode 250 Yamaha dirt bike on land bordering airport. Great fun.

21 - 40 of 57 Posts