·
Registered
2014 Kawasaki Vulcan 900
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi---I'm an old rider seeking to learn all about Burgmans

I live in Winter Haven, Florida and ride a 2014 Kawasaki Vulcan LT Classic 900

I'm considering selling my beloved bike & buying a Burgman

Thanks in advance for your ideas and help everyone.

Jerry
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Motor vehicle
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Premium Member
9,810 Posts
1) Welcome to the forum.

2) You're in the right place to learn.

3) Best solution: keep the Vulcan, add a scoot. They both have their strong points, and how much you gonna get for a seven-year-old 900?

·
Registered
418 Posts
Welcome

we

Reactions: JEP

·
Registered
2014 Kawasaki Vulcan 900
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1) Welcome to the forum.

2) You're in the right place to learn.

3) Best solution: keep the Vulcan, add a scoot. They both have their strong points, and how much you gonna get for a seven-year-old 900?
Thanks man, Anxious to learn but no room for two bikes. I will ask 6K and get no less than 5K

·
Registered
2014 Kawasaki Vulcan 900
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome to the future today ….. you’re going to love the Burgman !
and wonder why you didn’t do it ten years ago.
Thanks much. I was prob too busy with other bikes but got introduced to Honda Helix 250 several years ago and found I really like the feel of scooter & comfort, so now at 80 years young, I am considering going to a Burgman after selling my beloved Kawasaki LT Classic 900.

·
Registered
2014 Kawasaki Vulcan 900
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
welcome from Bartow, I have a 2015 650, and you are welcome to stop by and take a look/ride if you like, there are few 650's available and the 400 and 200 are what's for sale, mine is uuugly but rides like a new one,
Can you send a pic of your '15 650? How much?

·
Premium Member
4,233 Posts
Thanks much. I was prob too busy with other bikes but got introduced to Honda Helix 250 several years ago and found I really like the feel of scooter & comfort, so now at 80 years young, I am considering going to a Burgman after selling my beloved Kawasaki LT Classic 900.
Understood, I thought I was replying to the young lady standing by the Classic 900 😁. Thinking she wouldn’t be spending so much time polishing the chrome on a Burgman.

Since now I know your an 80 year old guy …. I feel more safe in saying to ride over to Bartow, and talk to mikeyMarine 🤣

·
Registered
2022 Matte Deep Blue Kymco AK 550
4,290 Posts
Welcome to the forum @JEP
I'm not sure Mikey is selling his but just offering it to look at and sit on. I think he likes his 2015 Burgman 650

However, After you look over his Burgman step on over to the Classifieds on the forum and take a look at the pictures of my 2013 Burgman 650 that I AM selling. 😃
(sorry about the shameless plug there... ok, maybe not so sorry 😁)

·
Premium Member
9,810 Posts
Jerry:

I think you will find a maxi-scooter -- either the 650 or the 400 Burgman -- to be a most satisfactory ride. I've owned a fair number of powered two-wheelers over the years, and returned to a 650 as a my current ride.

While I am much younger than you -- I'm only 73 -- here's a chunk of a spirited ride I did a few weeks ago with my riding buddy. He's on a BMW R1200RT, and I'm on a 2008 650 Burgman. I guess the GPS telemetry in my GoPro had a bug, or got confused by sun spots or something, because I try to stay within posted speed limits at all times:

·
Administrator
22,250 Posts
Jerry:

I think you will find a maxi-scooter -- either the 650 or the 400 Burgman -- to be a most satisfactory ride. I've owned a fair number of powered two-wheelers over the years, and returned to a 650 as a my current ride.

While I am much younger than you -- I'm only 73 -- here's a chunk of a spirited ride I did a few weeks ago with my riding buddy. He's on a BMW R1200RT, and I'm on a 2008 650 Burgman
. I guess the GPS telemetry in my GoPro had a bug, or got confused by sun spots or something, because I try to stay within posted speed limits at all times:

Red Shift? Mine is faster as it is Blue Shift. ;)

Welcome to the forum Jerry.

Like many, I left the Goldwing groups behind and went to a Baby Goldwing, a Burgman 650. It does all that I need 85% of the time. I do miss the Wing when I need to blast over the ton for a long time but the Burgman 650 will go all day at 105 MPH.

·
Registered
2014 Kawasaki Vulcan 900
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Understood, I thought I was replying to the young lady standing by the Classic 900 😁. Thinking she wouldn’t be spending so much time polishing the chrome on a Burgman.

Since now I know your an 80 year old guy …. I feel more safe in saying to ride over to Bartow, and talk to mikeyMarine 🤣
"Young lady" Patti is my wife and she says thanks for your compliment. I am interested in seeing mikeyMarine's 650. Good to be on forum with you. I wanna learn all about Burgmans

·
Registered
2014 Kawasaki Vulcan 900
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Welcome to the forum @JEP
I'm not sure Mikey is selling his but just offering it to look at and sit on. I think he likes his 2015 Burgman 650

However, After you look over his Burgman step on over to the Classifieds on the forum and take a look at the pictures of my 2013 Burgman 650 that I AM selling. 😃
(sorry about the shameless plug there... ok, maybe not so sorry 😁)
Thanks for your welcome. Btw I lived 5 years in DesMoines way back when and loved it. Having bought and sold many bikes in Florida, I think I'll be able to find a good one here, especially as more winter visitors arrive. Best of success in selling your very cool '13.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Hi---I'm an old rider seeking to learn all about Burgmans

I live in Winter Haven, Florida and ride a 2014 Kawasaki Vulcan LT Classic 900

I'm considering selling my beloved bike & buying a Burgman

Thanks in advance for your ideas and help everyone.

Jerry View attachment 96193 View attachment 96193
Welcome. Having owned a 400 and currently a15 650. If one does not do much long distance touring the 400 is lighter and easier to move around. Two up touring is where the 650 shines....

·
Registered
2014 Kawasaki Vulcan 900
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Welcome. Having owned a 400 and currently a15 650. If one does not do much long distance touring the 400 is lighter and easier to move around. Two up touring is where the 650 shines....
Thanks for welcome. I ride mostly 25 or so miles several times a week, year round and always solo, so a 400 would prob do well. Thinking about trading my 700 lb Kawasaki for a 400 lb Burgman.

·
Premium Member
17,945 Posts
I wouldn't discount the 200 burgy, I haven't any experience with it but I understand it is just a lighter more fuel economic 400 , you may find some 400's used for sale but the 200 is pretty new and would be a bit scarcer,

·
Registered
188 Posts
Welcome to the Forum JEP. That's a good looking Vulcan; good luck with the sale. Let us know when you find your new ride and post some pics.

Reactions: JEP
1 - 20 of 57 Posts