Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Almost in in Oregon and almost in Nevada. I just purchased a left over 2012 650 Executive. I have been riding a Majesty for the past 7 years and really enjoyed it. Had the chance at the 650 and jumped on it. Things that I already notice are;
1. The power ( whoa slow down there big boy). 2. Engine braking 3. Book says brakein below 4K for 600 km. I have found that if I do the shift I can do 65 and still keep it below 4K. ( how fast will this thing go?) The only two things I find annoying are ; 1 The mirrors ( can't see anything except my hands) 2. The way the seat opens ( hard to get things down there). But all in all I want a better windshield to keep the weather off. Where I live is cold most of the year and I like better weather protection in the hand and upper body area, so which windshield should I purchase? I would like one that will keep the wind out of my ears, off my hands. Not complaining I really really like this bike, it handles more like a real motorcycle that the Majesty did and seems a lot more stable. I have been riding since I was 13, started out on a Cushman Eagle, Suzuki C10, Suzuki 80, Honda 175, Honda 350, Yamaha 125, Yamaha 850 (put 77000 on it), Yamaha 550 Vision, Yamaha 1000 Virago, Majesty and now the Bergman. This will probably be my last bike. I just can't seem to be whole without riding. You don't stop riding because you get old, you get old because you stop riding.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Hey congratulations Hermit and welcome to BUSA from sunny Los Angeles.

People will chime in on answers to your questions soon. How fast can it go? Much faster than you need. Triple digits + once you get it broken it.

Your complaints are pretty much everyone's. there are lots of after market parts to choose from. My suggestions are a butt bumper extension for a backrest and some sort of seat pad. I use the Airhawk.

Good luck and have fun!

·
Registered
52 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Glad you found us and welcome to BUSA! I put over 300k spread out over four Kawasaki Concourses before I discovered the Burgman and I absolutely love it. You will too. There's all sorts of good advice here in the forum too for when those oddball questions arise.

Nice that you joined us; it's great to have a fresh voice in the mix!

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Hmmm - that's odd - I found the hand protection on the Clearview excellent as it's 3" wider than stock which has ZERO hand protection.
How tall are you? I put the standard Clearview ( cuz it was a cheap blem ) on and with the Exec it's perfect for my 5' 9"ish height. I can still see over it for the twists but goes up high enough to adjust the helmet out of the windstream.
Buying new I would add a vent.

Too bad you don't get the heated grips the Canadian version comes with.

OP not sure about the mirror issue - they are adjustable and it has one of the better mirror coverage I've owned.... tho eyebrown mirrors are useful

Are you putting feet flat on the running boards or up on the slanted surface which is what it's designed for.?

Congrats and welcome...I've been riding 45 years and the Burgman 650 is the best all arond machine I've owned.

Enjoy.

You will never feel you are under powered in twists or highway under 80 mph and will will do well above that for hours on end....it just gulps gas cuz of the big frontal area - especially with an enhanced windscreen.

I had the Givi - did not like it....really like the Clearview.
Be careful of too tall a screen as there is a lot of stress when the Exec is up high in turbulence - I notice it even on mine which is the smallest.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Welcome from the desert of So. Cal around Palm Springs

·
Registered
573 Posts
I have a Clearview XL with the vent and I love it. The hand protection is much better than stock. I live in Redding, so extreme cold is rare. Riding in the rain most of the rain drops do not hit my hands at highway speed. You could add the brush gards like they use on dirt bikes to protect the hands. That should provide a lot of wind protection. I added 1" curved mirrors to my stock mirrors, and that helped some. But I added the Saeng clip on curved mirrors and placed them so that they were just above my stock mirrors. I have NO blind spot, and was able to adjust my stock mirrors to see behind me better. I am 6' 0" tall with a 32" inseam. I can see my knees at times as well as my elbows, but my vision behind me is not blocked. I also bought a WalMart get seat pad for $20.00, and keep it under the seat. When it's raining, I just drop it on the seat and go. If it gets very wet, I take it in the house to dry.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts