Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to buy a Burgman, probably next spring and I was just wondering Any fat guys (like me) on here that have one? I go about 315 and wonder if one would have enough umph for a guy like me

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Yep, there are a couple of us "bigguns" here. I opted for a 650 & another gent I know rides a 400. I'll let him say his own piece on the 400. The only reason I got the 650 over the 400 was comfort, it fit me better. Both have plenty of grunt to move us around, no problem, even up some pretty steep hills.

Almost forgot, welcome to BUSA!

·
Registered
350 Posts
I think you'll find the 650 more than up to the challenge. Dry weight on the bike is 524lbs. Add fuel, fluids, your weight and you are still over 100lbs under the rated maximum weight limit and that is only a "recommended" maximum weight limit.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
v65biker said:
I am going to buy a Burgman, probably next spring and I was just wondering Any fat guys (like me) on here that have one? I go about 315 and wonder if one would have enough umph for a guy like me
Hi, v65biker. :hello2:

Here's a link to a thread with a question the same as yours. One of the 650 owners answering gives his weight as 331, and another as 320.

It should help to answer your questions.

http://burgmanusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6301

BTW, I weigh 225 (down from 250 two years ago), and have carried passengers that weighed well over 90 pounds, totalling more than your 315. My 650 has plenty of umph for entering the freeway in a 70MPH zone, merging, moving to the HOV lane, and passing everything in sight, even two-up. :twisted:

·
Registered
550 Posts
In a previous thread I stated that I've had my 03 650 up to 111 mph (indicated) with me and wife on it (combined weight of approx 435 lbs)

·
Registered
639 Posts
v65biker said:
I go about 315 and wonder if one would have enough umph for a guy like me
At 315 lbs, a Burgman 650 will hardly know you're on it.

My Wife & I total 415 lbs and our 650 isn't even breathing hard going up all the hills on Vancouver Island (not too much flat land here). In fact, I find the bike suspension is more compliant when my Wife is on-board. :)

So, buy yourself a 650 and enjoy the ride. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts