Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings fellow Burgman owners.

I have had my Burgman 650 for about three months and have a little over 415 miles on it. This machine is a dream to drive. :) I originally bought it so I could go out for relaxing rides by myself or with my brother who owns a Honda 1300. The main reason for my purchase was the fact that in Florida there are zillions of places to ride that are "off the beaten path". There is nothing like riding in the "country" and my Burgman is just waiting for me to get on and "feel the wind in my face".

Are there any Burgman owners that live in the Jacksonville Florida area? My wife is still a little leary of the machine. I would like to ride with other riders and just maybe she will see just how much fun it is to ride, especially on the 650.

Glad I found this website.... looks like there is tons of great info here.

ZH

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Greetings ZH!! Welcome to the forum. 3 months and only 415 miles :? This machine needs more riding. You need spend more time on your Burgman :)

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Welcome to the BurgmanUSA forums ZH. Glad to have you join us.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the nice welcome to the website

I know, I know I should ride the 650 more. Lord knows I want to...

When I first started to buy the 650 I asked about a backrest for my passenger (wife) but was advised against it because the 650 seatrest is angled funny and would cause the rider to arch their back. Is there a better seat available for the 650?

Thanks!

ZH :D

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Re: Thank you for the nice welcome to the website

Zaikas Hubby said:
When I first started to buy the 650 I asked about a backrest for my passenger (wife) but was advised against it because the 650 seatrest is angled funny and would cause the rider to arch their back.
It is angled funny, but the rear seat so deep that my wife likes it simply for being there more than for how well it feels. I suspect the designer's wife was more J-Lo (baby got back) than most, and tucked up against that backrest just fine.

Sorry, but that's the one I got. I'm sure there are others available.

Dave B.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts

Zaikas Hubby said:
Is there a better seat available for the 650?
Don't know if it's "better", but some riders have added topcases with pillion backrests on them. Provides you additional storage and gives the passenger a backrest.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Welcome to the forum ZH. Not only is the Burgy fun, but so is this fun. Share experiences and especially equipment. I am ordering an audioboss communication center. I found out about it from this forum. When it's installed and used, I plan a review for the forum.
Spring is close at hand and that means lots of riding.
Canon :salute:

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Corbin makes a seat for the 650. Some folks (including me) have had the stock seat customized at local upholstery shops. My wife finds the Givi E52 trunk to be a good backrest. Seat (and windscreen) solutions depend a lot on rider size and preferences.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Good to see you around.

The backrest is mostly for peace of mind. She won't often feel it, but it's nice to know it's there. From time to time, my wife sits back and uses it, and though she agrees the thing does look funny, it feels just fine. She has also ridden me on the back, and I concur. It just ain't that bad.

Steve

·
Registered
3,323 Posts

Zaikas Hubby said:
I know, I know I should ride the 650 more. Lord knows I want to...

When I first started to buy the 650 I asked about a backrest for my passenger (wife) but was advised against it because the 650 seatrest is angled funny and would cause the rider to arch their back. Is there a better seat available for the 650?

Thanks!

ZH :D
I have the OEM backrest mounted on my machine and my lady friend just absolutely loves it. She says she leans back into it and just totally relaxes. She no longer uses the handles as she feels so secure back there. If you have no intentions of putting on a top case or luggage rack then I totally reccommend the OEM backrest. I think you may be able to pick one up cheaper in our Classifeds section of this forum.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Seat rest

Thanks for the tips guys.

Now I would like to suggest something that I use all the time. In Florida we have a lot of back roads, etc so I purchased a Garmin Etrex Legend GPS. It is small enough to hang around the neck or put it in the small compartment in the dash. It has enough detail to show minor roads and even streams. It is very easy to read too.

Today the wife and inlaws are going out for a while and I think I will take advantage of the situation and go out for a spin.... heh, heh. :D

P.S. I like the idea of having one of those little trunks added to my Burgman.

ZH

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Se we have so much in common ZH . I too use the Garmin Etrx but I have the leather carrying case and using small bungees I secure it between the handlebars resting on the cover. Works well there and I can read it on the move.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Very Cool Idea

I will have to get me some bungees. I have the leather case too. I have a funny feeling that this hobby is going to be the best yet!

ZH

·
Registered
16 Posts
4-D Thinker..You showed Margaret's Custom Seat in your photo gallery, it's a beauty...where was it made?? rusty

·
Registered
210 Posts
Welcome

ZH,
Fellow Floridian here, but a bit west of you. I got my 650 last month and already have over 700 miles on it. It's a great ride. Do you ever get over this way?

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
rusty said:
4-D Thinker..You showed Margaret's Custom Seat in your photo gallery, it's a beauty...where was it made?? rusty
I'm sorry, Rusty, but I didn't post and can't find any pics of Margarets custom seat in my gallery. See the message thread linked to above.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks Billmeek and 4dthinker for the info on the custom seat.Sure wish i had one.,oh well... Rusty

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
Welcome to the virtual ICOBO! As you see from the profile, I live on the panhandle. Congratulations on your new 650!
Pete

1 - 19 of 19 Posts