Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heya everybody, I am a newcomer from Arizona, Safford to be precise. My name is Tanner N. Torrio but you can address me by either my user name OWG, one, winged, does not rightly matter to me hah.

I have only just recently bought my Burgman 400 type-s used and after getting my tags and registering it(along with getting a quote for insurance), I'm already enthused about being an owner of it!

This is my first vehicle, I have put off getting a license for years now as I have a fear of motorized vehicles( kind of funny considering I will be riding one of these lol) but I am getting over it quickly!

I plan on getting a newer one in better condition than the one I own now its pretty beat up but I figure its a great start since I don't know how to ride, have yet to really ride it want to get at least my permit first, which I will be doing tomorrow.

I am a video game enthusiast, but my work is my main priority, I will be putting forth a great deal of effort into fixing and customizing my burgman 400S, I'm certain it will be another great passion of mine before long!

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Welcome and way to go on a 400 type S! What year is it? I have a 2006 that I just bought from a friend. I am also going to do some light modding to my Burg, but I am not going to go nuts.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
First and foremost, welcome to BUSA from Sunny LA.

Second, and more important, You must learn to ride. Any motorized two wheeled vehicle is not to be trifled with. Even a small 50cc scoot can get you killed or seriously injured. And this game doesn't reset.

I HIGHLY suggest you take a beginning Motorcycle Safety Foundation (MSF) training course. They are proven to decrease the chances of getting into an accident or injured over 50% in the first six months of riding (the most dangerous time in any riders life).

Please, do not be over-confident with this endeavor. It is not a bicycle, car or like any other vehicle you may have piloted in the past. It requires skills and training to do properly. Skills and training you don't currently seem to possess. Please take this heart.

But, congratulations on the new bike. I hope you have years of safe riding.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Trust me I'm not your average hot headed young'n this is why I have been putting off getting a license in the first place. I am going to be very cautious while learning to ride this. My father died in a car accident so I assure you I do plan on keeping my wits about.

And as far as the course goes, I would love to take one but I am unsure that my town has one even, its a pretty small town, Ill look into it though, but as I have stated my job is my main priority and it takes up the majority of my time.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Trust me I'm not your average hot headed young'n this is why I have been putting off getting a license in the first place. I am going to be very cautious while learning to ride this. My father died in a car accident so I assure you I do plan on keeping my wits about.

And as far as the course goes, I would love to take one but I am unsure that my town has one even, its a pretty small town, Ill look into it though, but as I have stated my job is my main priority and it takes up the majority of my time.
Proficient Motorcycling: The Ultimate Guide to Riding Well: David L. Hough: 0731360405364: Amazon.com: Books

At least read this book, and watch instructional videos and such. If you know an older, experienced rider, maybe he can take you out and offer help. Practice in a parking lot, etc. etc. just be careful.

Good luck

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Right I will do that, like I said, if they offer it around here I am interested, I don't trust myself, yet, and I absolutely do not trust others, at least as far as the road goes.

I understand you are looking out for me and others as well thanks a bunch! =]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts