Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've been lurking around here for a bit and decided i should go ahead and register at some point...name is julian, bought a burgman 400 in august and have been pretty well inseparable from it since then, 300 miles a week at least.

this is a great forum with tons of great info!

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Wellcome, You Will Get Good Support Here when you have any Noises, Squeaks,Knocks, You come to the right Place...

Elliott,

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Good to have you here, Julian! I love Richmond; great places to ride from there.

There's all kinds of amazing stuff here that doesn't appear in any of the manuals.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi Julian, nice to see new people come on, as I'm pretty new myself. I have learned a bunch since I bought my 2008 400 it is a good place to get about any info from people that has been there and back..

Ron

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Welcome to the Burgman family. You've got some awesome countryside to enjoy around you and an awesome bike to do it on. Enjoy!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Howdy my fellow Virginian! I live in Spotsylvania and have a 2011 Burgman that I just bought a few months ago. I also has a 2008 SYM RV250. I love em both, but now that I have the Burgman, my poor SYM kind of sits. It's a great back up bike! We have some great places to ride in good old Virginia...from the mountains to the beach and everything in between! Do you belong to the Scooter riding club in Richmond? I thought about joining it, but have not yet. I'm kind of a lone wolf, although I have ridden with large groups in the past. Anyway, be safe out there!

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
You fellows need to come up to the good riding part of Virginia. Those flat and straight roads with lots of traffic are not the best for 2 wheeled toys. I have this 5 minutes from my house:

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Welcome from the hills of East TN. Lots of great info and lots of folks willing to offer answers to your questions about Burgmans.
Ride safe!
Wes :D

·
Registered
110 Posts
You fellows need to come up to the good riding part of Virginia. Those flat and straight roads with lots of traffic are not the best for 2 wheeled toys. I have this 5 minutes from my house: VA 16 The Back of the Dragon - YouTube
Brag, brag, BRAG! LOL Naw, that's really awesome! I'm fortunate in that I can ride for less than an hour and be in the Blue Ridge Mountains on the twisties! Or, I can go the other way and be at the beach! I lived in the western mountains of North Carolina for many years and rode my Honda CB360 all over the place! I was a NPS Ranger on the Blue Ridge Parkway and it was fantastic! I LOVE the mountains!

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Every place has its charms. I live in the land of Florida, where we have 11 curves in 318 miles. But we also have a climate which permits year-round riding. It's a trade-off.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Welcome from Kansas and now I'm at a loss of words to even attempt to compete with other with their mountains, beaches, etc. Being in tornado alley might offer an adrenalin rush or perhaps dodging an occasional deer or cow in the road for fun.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Tinstar, I'm not in the scooter club but i hear it's a good group. I too prefer to ride alone, i spend enough time with people as it is! Do occasionally go out with my dad, he's a gold winger...like being followed by a two wheeled house!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts