Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Premium Member
1,341 Posts
Thanks Brian.
Which brings up another question/s.
I've been considering installing some BMW type outlets here and there for heated clothing etc.

Would this area on the "Hump" be a good spot for the riders hookup?
Or higher up on the dash somewhere?

Or, is better to go just below the seat hinge area, above the hump, but on the seat area rather than the dash. Neater?

I've been thinking the rear one could go just behind the lead handrail so as to be hidden

· Premium Member
1,341 Posts
WOW, you guys get off light. :p

The Burg lists for $10999.00 to start with

Here in Ontario, Canada we pay 7% GST AND 8% PST on top of the actual cost :roll:
An extra 15% in all.

My taxes on my Burg sales receipt are over $1736.00 :cry:

Really adds to the total cost.
Think of all the goodies I could buy with that $1700.00

Insurance rates on the 650 are over $900.00 per year, (one company quoted me about $2400.00 per year), and gas is about 88 cents per litre right now and climbing.
Don't know what that translates to, but it's high, $3.00 to $4.00 per gallon?

The Canadian dollar does not go as far as the US dollar does. :cry:

· Premium Member
1,341 Posts
Dave B., $450 dealer setup seems a little high.

Even with my complaining about the high sticker prices, taxes etc up here, my dealer only charged me $275.00 for dealer setup.
I thought that was reasonable.
I'll know for sure when I check my tire pressures and gas level, center stand bolts, and wheel nuts, etc., after I take after delivery. :wink:

(plus $60.00 of course for licence, and another $60.00 for "admin") :cry:
Again reasonable.

As for the maintence thing Brian, I plan on doing most of that myself, even if I have to pay for a table lift (once).
From what I hear, a couple of dealer services would pay for the lift. :roll:

I have an idea that I could slap a large sheet of 3/4" plywood on the extended forks of a towmotor at work and lift my burg up to any height I need to work on it. Might work if done carefully, maybe with some ratchet straps for additional peace of mind.

I have a secret weapon here, called Allwalk. :lol:

Between his excellent photo "manuals" online and his friendly offers to help me (we only live about 40 minutes drive away from each other), I should be able to manage everything except valve adjustments and tire changes. Maybe even that, who knows.

Also have a neigbour who rides, and is mechanically inclined.

If I have to buy a few tools, so be it. I like good tools. :) :wink:

· Premium Member
1,341 Posts
Evelyn said:
Seems to me you guy's ought to price out the cheapest place in the states and take a plane ride. Even if you ship it to Canada it would still be cheaper than what you can buy it for up there, "ifin ya all can even find one!"
Right you are Evelyn. :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.