Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you know if your favorite Suzuki dealers have the spankin' new 05's in stock yet?

I figure a forum post to people in the know is cheaper than spending a day on long-distance. Looking to get my fingers around this new machine that people are talking about.

"I wanna be part of the in-crowd !!!"

Thanks

· Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks all.

I have been away from the forum since last fall.
I guess I am confused a bit.

Please correct me if I am wrong. My assumption is that there are two versions of the 650 coming out. One is the regular 650 with an overdrive, the other is the Executive with the mirror and windshield thing, among the top add-ons.

Is that correct?

All I am interested in getting is the overdrive - though it seems there still seems to be some debate on how it is engaged.

Boils down to, what do I need to get to get a Pearl Blue 650 with the OD on it? Yeah, VFD, that pic is what got my juices flowing for one just like it.

Arby, is that Executive in canadian dollars? What is a regular 650 priced?

Thanks all !!

· Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
thanks everyone.
I am really Jonesing for this new BLUE 650. (Don't tell anyone, as it may drive the price up)

Lifegetter, that ad also cites a BLACK or SILVER 2005 650 burgman. Guess they are also unaware of what constitutes a new 2005 model. I guess I could ask them to take a picture of that manufacturer's plate, certify it and drop some DNA on it, ... for verification purposes only, of course. *edit* just went to the homepage for that ad..HONDAeasttoledo.com... they only list the MSRP for their 2005 burgman 650. On this ad they do list that the colors are blue and silver. It also states a 4 gallon gas tank.

Ok, here's a newbie question...
What kind of charges can I expect, and what charges can I expect to be a sham? I know there is a PREP fee (for putting the bike together) but isn't this fee sometime negotiable?

thx again

· Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Just a little update:
I sent an email to the HondaEastToledo.com that I referenced above about a quote and this is what they sent as a reply:

Thank you for your quote request on the 2005 Suzuki Burgman 650. We are
currently offering this unit for an out the door price of $7,304.00. This
price is inclusive of all charges with the exception of sales tax, which
you will be responsible for in your home state. This price includes
shipping to a trucking terminal in Seattle for you to pick up.

I can also provide you with a 15% discount in accessories and extended
warranty coverage at the time of purchase.

You can reserve your new machine at this price today with a small deposit
that can be taken care of over the phone.
That doesn't sound like a bad price, right? And to have it shipped to a place near me? State taxes should be just a few hundred, right? How would I take care of the state taxes - at the WA state license department?

I appreciate your information and help.

· Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Thanks Dan,
Yeah, I guess that their quoted price also does not include the registration and fees. I am used to doing everything in-state.

Talked with another member and they paid about $900 in total fees for their OTD price of $8200. Guess I should expect about the same.

I emailed them back asking them some specific questions: how will it be shipped and will it be insured? Can I get a pick of the bike's manufacturer's plate that I may put a deposit on?

Thanks Dan for the bag info.

· Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
thanks Dan and Brian,

I found out that license fees for a 7300 bike would be about 700 dollars. Now, just need to figure out if this guy is for real and if so, how to get the dream machine home.

Thanks for everyone's suggestions. I may have to do some local shopping this weekend.

· Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
.... calculated on the FULL MSRP? When I called the local license bureau, she asked if that was the fair market value of the item. I said, well, yeah, that was what he was going to sell it for, so... yeah. Could it vary like that by county?

Renton, huh? I take it from your statement though that they did not have any blue 2005 models in???

I have one store in Port Angeles I can check prior to migrating out toward Seattle. Mom's coming in this weekend for a visit so may just show her the big town other than Seatac Airport. I think it was.... Brian... that pointed me to a place north of Lynnwood off of hwy 99(?).

Well, if anything, this guy's initial price offereing can be a good starting point for negotiations locally.

thanks caelaris,

· Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
I agree Caelaris.... sometimes good deals aren't such good deals if you get screwed in the process. "yeah, we will give you a great deal on that new bike, but, there is gonna be a unpacking charge, a setup fee, a hazardous materials fee (gassing it up), checkout charge, tire fees (for whenever you decide to change tires somewhere else)......"

HOLY CRAPOLA lilleyen !!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :evil: :evil: :x :x

That is a screw job if I have ever heard of. You would think that a government in this day and age would be PUSHING people to get onto higher MPG, smaller, cleaner vehicles instead of making them pay more money out their butts.

Here in the USA, the cost of going green is still out of reach for the common people that the Govt gives rebates and incentives to shift over to solar and wind power, green-mobiles, water saving, adding home insulation, upgrading to High Efficiency appliances, etc.

Lilleyen, I feel your pain. Well, not really. Could not imagine what that reaming must feel like. What the heck are those extra 15% fees for???

· Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
HAHAHAAAAA

Yep, I still remember the thing my father taught me when I bought my first new truck. I hold the purse strings and the thing the dealers hate the most is US walking out the door with the thought of never coming back.

Brian... true,, but it still sounds like a shafting. Besides, I don't think a conversion rate will explain away the difference between the WA fees of $700-$900 to the Canadian fees of over $1700. That's double. And I am sure he left off some other fees he had to pay, such as the license and sticker fees.

And, with gas prices predicted to keep rising (am at $2.25 now here), my desire to get my hands on a blue-scoot is increasing. Figure it will pay for itself in gas, tire wear, vehicle maintenance cost savings versus my F150 truck.

· Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Well, living out here in the boonies of the NW tit of washington, I have already run through 3/4 of a set of 1 year old tires. Now, they are not highway tires so they have a lesser tread life, but.... geeez. I expected at least a few years out of them. Les Schwab truck tires. NOT CHEAP. Over $120 each.

How does that compare to a Pirelli tire? I figure I have put on about 12,000 miles so far, and will have to replace my truck tires this summer if the reduction rate holds for a total of about 15,000 miles. That is about twice what a motorcycle tire will do, right? So, if the Pirelli, or whatever, costs about the same per tire as my truck, then that could be a wash.

Also, living where I do, I am unable to do my oil changes on my truck. So, Jiffy Lube loves me. now, I image the bike will be a tad easier to do since I don't really have to jack it up and crawl under it (cant any more anyway do to a variety of time-based factors), so, I "consider" that nearly a wash.

One thing I am also considering... whenever I travel on business and I use my own vehicle, I get paid 42.5 cents per mile. Now, which transport device would be making me some money - the F150 truck (which does get 17-20mpg) or the 50mpg scooter?? Gotta add that into the calculations too. getting paid to ride the scooter...mmmmm

so, are my thoughts working out here. Are they making ANY sense? If not, then I should prolly re-think the scooter thing and save the 9 grand (plus riding and safety equipment).

· Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Hahahaaaaa
Brian and Caelaris: Oh, I fully agree. I used to own a Honda Helix when they first came out. It was a blast. And part of that memory is driving me toward the purchase of a burgy. But, the Helix was about 3 grand, whereas this gotta-have is over 7 grand. Plus, will have to fork over decent dough for safety equipment - a bit larger these days.

Do I want another bit of debt? Will I stay at my current vocation long enough to enjoy it and pay the bike off?

I made the mistake of telling my mother, who is visiting us, about my desires for a new purchase. She inflated my hesitant side.

Well, I have not heard back from that HondaToledoEast.com salesman, and I didn't get a chance to head to Seattle for this weekend. I think I will visit some dealers while I am attending a meeting in Lynnwood next week.

Can you guys send me some addresses for your favorite dealers near there?

· Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
:lol: :lol:

Yep, prolly so. And, by the time I get back, I would have had my 600 mile sevice and prolly the next one after that.

Talk about a break in ride, eh?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.