Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you know if your favorite Suzuki dealers have the spankin' new 05's in stock yet?

I figure a forum post to people in the know is cheaper than spending a day on long-distance. Looking to get my fingers around this new machine that people are talking about.

"I wanna be part of the in-crowd !!!"

Thanks

·
Registered
247 Posts
I talked to a Toronto dealer llast week and he said he could get me an executive. Price was $10999. He was willing to take a trade but said it would be black book value. I didn't ask what it was. I think it's around $7000 for my 2004 650 - which is about a $3000 loss for one year of riding. If you are up to a trip to Toronto his number is 905-459-0190 Bike manager's name is Danny.

·
Registered
247 Posts
That's the price he quoted me. $9999 for a regular Burgman, which is the price they were quoting last year, and $10999 for the Executive. They do have the best price in the area.

·
Registered
127 Posts
The local dealer closest to me, RMC in Renton, did not have the 05 650 in when I was there a few days ago. The one I ordered through Mt. Baker Moto-Sports was supposed to be on the delivery truck last wednesday but did not arrive. Have my fingers crossed for tomorrow. We'll see
Phil

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks all.

I have been away from the forum since last fall.
I guess I am confused a bit.

Please correct me if I am wrong. My assumption is that there are two versions of the 650 coming out. One is the regular 650 with an overdrive, the other is the Executive with the mirror and windshield thing, among the top add-ons.

Is that correct?

All I am interested in getting is the overdrive - though it seems there still seems to be some debate on how it is engaged.

Boils down to, what do I need to get to get a Pearl Blue 650 with the OD on it? Yeah, VFD, that pic is what got my juices flowing for one just like it.

Arby, is that Executive in canadian dollars? What is a regular 650 priced?

Thanks all !!

·
Registered
639 Posts
captainfish said:
Please correct me if I am wrong. My assumption is that there are two versions of the 650 coming out. One is the regular 650 with an overdrive, the other is the Executive with the mirror and windshield thing, among the top add-ons.

Is that correct?
Yes, but only if you're Canadian! :D :D

Hopefully Suzuki Canada will continue to bring the Executive in. If they sell well, I can see that Suzuki USA might do the same next year. 8) That would be a good thing! 8)

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
captainfish said:
...Boils down to, what do I need to get to get a Pearl Blue 650 with the OD on it?
Go to your local dealer with about $7,700 cash in hand and say, "I want an '05 Burgman 650." You'll get one, but he may have to order it and you may have to wait a few weeks.

I was at Everett Power Sports today and looked around, but didn't see any on the floor. I was in a hurry though (just stopped in to schedule service and ask about tires), so I didn't ask a sales person if any were in the back.

All the '05s have OD, but only the Exec (not available in USA yet) has power mirrors, power windshield, etc. I picked up an '05 Scooter brochure, and for the 650 it says, in part, "SECVT features a new overdrive gear ratio for better fuel consumtion at highways speeds."

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
I'm sure they'd LOVE $7700 for one, but you should be able to talk them down to less. ProCycle's listed price is $6499 plus whatever taxes/fees there might be:

http://www.procycleusa.com/index.cfm?pa ... baseid=505

You should be able to get it down closer to US$7000 out the door.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
frugality said:
I'm sure they'd LOVE $7700 for one, but you should be able to talk them down to less. ProCycle's listed price is $6499 plus whatever taxes/fees there might be:

http://www.procycleusa.com/index.cfm?pa ... baseid=505

You should be able to get it down closer to US$7000 out the door.
Not in the Seattle area, including state and local taxes and fees. Not in my experience, anyway.

MSRP is $7799, and while ProCycle says they'll sell you one for $6499 (not including fees) they also say "Currently Out of Stock."

Also, prices in Seattle seem to be higher than in much of the country. Law of supply and demand, I suspect, and captainfish was asking specifically about the Seattle area.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I was in the Suziki dealership in Bellevue on Fri and saw a black 650 just like my '04. The salesman said it was an '05. I didn't debate the assertion, but my understanding is that the '05 does not come in black. The Burg did not have a price on her. Confusion might work to someone's advantage if the dealership misrepresents the item. They also had a silver 400 that the salesman said was an '05 that came off the truck on Thurs. Again no price on the scoot.
I got the best price from the dealership on Aurora when I bought mine last Aug. Took some negotiation but could not do better anywhere else nearby.

Good luck,

h

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Habu55 check the turn signals.
They are clear with orange bulbs on the 650 2005s

·
Registered
247 Posts
CaptianFish - yes those are Canadian dollars. The regular Burgman is being offered for $9999.00

·
Registered
127 Posts
Brian is right you will not get an 05 650 in the western WA. area for anything close to $7K out the door at least not now. You would have a difficult time getting a new left over 04 for that. $7700 might be possible if you are willing to wait and can find a desperate dealer. More likely to be a few hundred above that. An alternative would be to buy in a different market like Ohio or FL and have it shipped or pick it up yourself, but of course there is a cost to both of those. The good thing about going and picking it up yourself is you might get a long tour out of the deal.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Habu55 said:
I was in the Suziki dealership in Bellevue on Fri and saw a black 650 just like my '04. The salesman said it was an '05. I didn't debate the assertion, but my understanding is that the '05 does not come in black.
The dealer doesn't know his/her product line. Hasn't even looked at the '05 brochure. No black Burgmans in any size in '05 -- just silver, blue, and red.

lilleyen said:
Habu55 check the turn signals.
They are clear with orange bulbs on the 650 2005s
If you point that out to a dearler and they don't believe you, just point to the manufacturer's plate located in plain sight just above the hump; it shows the date of manufacture on it.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts