Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2018 650 Burgman 7200 miles. This is my first Burg, purchased with 6600 miles now 7200 miles. I recently changed all the fluids eng, trans, and final drive all were clean and normal. I changed the plugs which looked good but still have this noticeable hesitation between 2200 and 2400 rpm. The bike runs great, no power problems, good mileage, etc. Is this normal or is there something I’m missing?

·
Premium Member
8,136 Posts
try it in manual and let us know what happens please

·
Registered
735 Posts
The clutch doesn't fully lock up till (from memory) 2,200-2,400rpm.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Weird. My 2017 650 also has that. Just off idle but if you open the throttle a little bit quicker then I do not notice the hesitation. Could it be too much/little play in the throttle cable? Perhaps the sensor activates the injector slightly before the throttle body responds. It might help to run a Co2 check and find it might be a little lean

·
Administrator
18,347 Posts
Some 650s need a throttle body sync done.
Sometimes it the throttle position sensor needs adjusting.
Sometimes its a loose sparkplug coil on 1 plug.

·
Registered
123 Posts
So Dave how does one perform a throttle body sync and a position sensor adjustment? Does one merely adjust the cable at the throttle so that there is a 2 to 4 mm play? What about throttle body?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Kobus you will need a manometer for the throttle body sync. For the position sensor you will patience,lol.
Both procedures are covered in the manuel.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Cooperman I do not have the appetite to take the throttle body out. On a 2017 I am going to assume they are well balanced. I will look in the manuel re the position sensor. Thanks.

·
Registered
140 Posts
no need to remove, just connect your manometer and start her up. Twiddle with screws to balance job done, ahh sorry a 2017, perhaps they are different. Like you say should be OK.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
2018 650 Burgman 7200 miles. This is my first Burg, purchased with 6600 miles now 7200 miles. I recently changed all the fluids eng, trans, and final drive all were clean and normal. I changed the plugs which looked good but still have this noticeable hesitation between 2200 and 2400 rpm. The bike runs great, no power problems, good mileage, etc. Is this normal or is there something I’m missing?
Thanks for the responses, I was adjusting the throttle cable in the wrong direction. I finally got it right.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts