Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Today we decided to look for a donut shop that was not the cheap 'Dunkin' Donuts' or Krispi Kream' type. We had been to some REALLY nice ones when we were visiting our kids and grandkids in Seattle. We had hoped to find some like that down South. Right now we are at a little place called 'Sweet Apple Donut & Coffee' on McGinnis Ferry Road in Alpharetta, Ga. The coffee is great and the donuts are to die for. BUT when they run out of donuts they close up for the day. When we got here it was a little after 1 pm and there were around 15 left. It was a great day for donuts, I guess. They don't have just regular old donuts though, so if you are coming in to just grab some junk food you will miss out on the good stuff. When we were in Seattle it was a competitive market for good donut shops, just like the coffee shops there. Starbucks may have started there but they are not as good as many other coffees out there. I would love to hear of other good places to visit for donuts and coffee in this great country.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Near Richmond, VA on Route 60 there is a place called Country Style Donuts. Its owned and run by a Greek family. The donuts are the best I ever had, bar none. They are so rich that you can actually feel your arteries harden while you eat them! So you could say that they are to die for! https://plus.google.com/113443476277359496943/about?gl=us&hl=en
Link is Google, has directions, reviews. etc. They make donuts - not websites!

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
We have a place here in my town called The Great American Donut Shop that is run by, I think, a Vietnamese family that immigrated to the US back during the Fall of Saigon. The doughnuts from that place are awesome although my doctor tells me I can't have them anymore.

Why is it that anything good is either against the law, immoral, or forbidden by my doctors? Although my doctors aren't happy that I still ride, I just tell them that this one thing is not negotiable.

Namaste'
Doug in Kentucky

·
Registered
66 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Well today we went back to that little donut shop. This time there was such a wide selection that I would have had a problem selecting. Luckily my wife had called ahead and had ordered about a dozen to go. They were waiting for us when we got there, so we just sat outside at one of their little tables and enjoyed a couple of really nice donuts while surfing the internet on their free WiFi. Then we rode home and picked up my dog, and rode to our vet 20 miles away. I had to attach his travel crate behind me. He climbed in and away we went. It was close to 4 o'clock on a Friday, so traffic was heavy. By the time we got there he was happy to climb out and go pee. Interestingly, we needed a pee sample, so we were prepared to catch it in a container and got enough to determine that he had an infection. Now we are back home relaxing, but he can't have any of the donuts 'cause he is sick! Poor guy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts