Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings from northern Illinois, just south of Rockford.

I got my Burgman 650 in Sept 2003 after reading a review of them in one of the motorcycle magazines. Saw the photos, read the review, said "That's my next bike".
Really enjoy riding it (this is only my third summer of riding) and it's such a practical toy. I take it to work as long as it's not raining when I leave in the AM.

Now my husband is looking for a Burgman 650 of his own. Currently, he's riding a 2002 V-Strom, but that's for sale.

We have the factory-service manual for the Burgman, and do our own service work. We bought the dealer-mode switch that uses the instrument panel to display any diagnostic readouts or error codes. The switch only costs about $15; how much does dealer labor run per hour?

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Welcome to BurgmanUSA! WOW! We have a lot in common. As you'll see from my sig, I am both a Burgman 650 and a V-Strom owner, and I pretty much made up my mind to purchase the AN650 based on magazine articles too.

I've been riding the Burgman a lot more than the V-Strom since I bought it. I purchased the V-Strom March of last year and the Burgman in September. I just went over 9100 miles on the Burgman odometer, and the V-Strom is sitting at around 6000. That should tell me something I guess, but I still do enjoy an occasional romp on the motorcycle.

Here in Omaha, NE the dealer labor rate is $65 / hr. I would think it should be close to that in Illinois.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Hi there Magyver :wave: Sorry for the late welcome as I just got home from camping! Glad to hear of another couple who rides. I hope you get another 650 for the hubby soon. Oh ya!!!! Welcome to the forum!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts