Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I added these mirrors to help me see better. I like the look of the 650 mirror, but as short as I am I have to look through my handle bars to see. These help with blind spots also. I don't know how much they cost because I bought them at a silent auction at a local Gold Wing rally last week-end. I did find a link to their website though if anyone else is interested. I added pictures here of them on my scooter. They look great on a Black bike, not sure how they would look on another color. Here is the website, http://www.safedriving.com/

Here are my pics,
http://burgmanusa.com/gallery/Texas-Scooter-Girl

·
Registered
367 Posts
Nice! Thanks for the link.
Is that a stereo or a CB that you installed in the hump?

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
The mirrors look real good!
Whats the gizmo on left handlebar inboard and above the transmission mode controls?

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Texas Scooter Girl,

A couple of questions:

1. Can you still fold the mirrors in when the accessory mirrors are attached?

2. The website just says that the mirrors clip securely to the existing mirrors. Can you tell us a little bit more about how they attach?

Thanks,

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
First, the hump bag is just being used for extra luggage space, no stereo.

The mirrors still fold in, no problem. They were easy to install. They have a built in clamp, you don't have to drill any holes. They just clamp onto the lip of the existing mirror. Takes about 2 minutes per mirror.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The gizmo on the handle bar is a CB radio. I ride with a Gold Wing organization every week-end and being able to communitcate is a must for me. The unit allows for an mp3 to be added. I am able to listen to tunes through my helmet headset. It is set up for the CB to interupt when in use. It's manufactured by J&M Electonics.

http://www.jmcorp.com/SeeProducts.asp?PF=24

·
Registered
209 Posts
How do you like that CB Gizmo? I've been looking at it for awhile, and after our first two-up tour this weekend, an intercom is a must. Of course I like the CB in it too.

One more question too. Which gizmo did you use to mount it on your handlebars?

Thanks!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I really like the CB. My husband made a mount for it out of sheet metal and attached it to the break reservoir. We got the idea on the PC800 forum. I added the instructions to my pics. He just had to adapt the size of the bottom to fit the Scooter's reservoir. I saw one at scootercade with one of those ram mounts.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Very nice!! Thanks for the pics and the tips!!

I want the intercom so I can talk to my wife.

I want the CB so I can hear what those goldwing groups are saying about my bike as we pass each other, and they all twist their necks as far as they can to look at my bike! 8) I know they're talking...

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Kias said:
I want the intercom so I can talk to my wife.
Thats great I do not have an intercom - I wonder who will tell the missus I cannot talk to her? Still it won't stop her transmitting. :shock: :lol:

·
Registered
320 Posts
Hi TSG,

Just want to say thanks for the Wal-Mart hunter's pad tip. :) I bought one yesterday and it allowed me to go 120 miles today in comfort. I've got the black side up, camo side down.

Like those mirrors, too. How much were they? I'm curious because a) the site doesn't mention it and b) the Burgie mirrors, though pretty good, do have blind spots--like the adjacent lane! :shock:

Thanks again,

Bryna

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Invincsum said:
Hi TSG,

Just want to say thanks for the Wal-Mart hunter's pad tip. :) I bought one yesterday and it allowed me to go 120 miles today in comfort. I've got the black side up, camo side down.

Like those mirrors, too. How much were they? I'm curious because a) the site doesn't mention it and b) the Burgie mirrors, though pretty good, do have blind spots--like the adjacent lane! :shock:

Thanks again,

Bryna
Bryna - mirrors are no substitute for a 'lifesaver check'! :shock:

·
Registered
320 Posts
NormanB said:
[
Bryna - mirrors are no substitute for a 'lifesaver check'! :shock:
Norman, as my Scots Gran would say, "I'm no daft, laddie!" :roll: That's how I know there are blind spots--I check the mirrors and do head turns regularly. Do the two-step lane change--Step 1) signal and look to make sure the lane is clear; Step 2) keep signal on and ease into new lane. Flick off signal.

Now mind you don't make "Gran" make another appearance. She was not the kindest auld soul. :D

Bryna

·
Registered
689 Posts
Is there any wireless headset out there, I hate the idea of any wires going from the bike handle to me. I finally got my GPS mounted securely and have use it a few time and so far every time I get off I forget the D___M headset was attached and have had to replace it three time now and also replaced the plus that is mounted to the handle bar cover where I plug the headset in. Also I am looking for some kind of a mixing device that will let me plug in three inputs and out one set of headset.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Roger

Don't know about the wireless headset aspect but the three into one thingamig is well served in the market place, with Autocom and Baehr amongst many others - although as always quality kit does not keep cheap.
You may wish toread this thread to pick up some user opinions.

If the wireless route is available,feasible and affordable, I would question the merits over the assured quality of a wired connection. I understand the annoyance you have suffered so far with breakages but a bit of design could take care of that - I think. Edit - curiousity just got the better of me - have a look at this - probably loads of dosh and in my experience anyway Bluetooth is not really a standard so may be loads of setting up problems - but may be worth investigating (battery life is normally pretty poor with bluetooth devices too).

That design will be helped by moving to the multi-input device mentioned above and rather than having your helmet plugged into the handlebars arrange the unit output so that the socket is somewhere (on a panel) under your ass, so that when you stand up the plug and socket part cleanly - you can, I believeget low shear couplings that part more easily than standard audio jacks.

Hope this is helpful.

PS: I plug into the handlebar area too - but directly into an SPIII, I do not own a multi-input device - yet :wink:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi Texas Scooter Girl,
I know your post was a couple of years ago but I have just come across it, just want to thank you for the info as these blind spot mirrors are just what I am looking for and there is bugger all similar over here in Aus.
Once again this forum has given me info to help with what I am looking for so I have now joined up as a life time member.
Keep the info coming as it is benefitial to us all.

Regards,
Adrian.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts