Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been researching sites for speakers & amps for my burg 400. I would really appreciate some input on what others have done. I plan on flush mounting speakers weather they R bullet type or standard speakers. I just dont know about performance (i dont want them to sound like a tin can). Marine speakers R cheap but kinda afraid of cheap. (i want to do this 1 time). Speakers with built in amps or seperate amp? How many watts? Do I need a small sub woofer? I will be running off my smart phone.
Maybe blutooth? Just need some advice. TOO many choices. Thanks Mark!

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
If you can you need to find Water & Weather proof speakers, i had some installed on my 400 ! But the Cold & Hot days got to them, the Paper speakers are no Good for outside Use see if you can find the Plastic Ones if you can.

Elliott,

·
Premium Member
14,516 Posts
I have been researching sites for speakers & amps for my burg 400....... I will be running off my smart phone.TOO many choices.
Have you considered helmet speakers ?? If your phone is on your hip,
wires to your helmet are simple.

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
I've just fitted a couple of BMWAMPSPK (use this as a search key on E-bay, you'll find plenty) units, on my 650's.
Easy fit, the remote is handy, and the price is good.

One big criticism is that they aren't really loud enough. Great at a stoplight, but at anything over 45mph, loses definition, and over 60, real difficult to hear.

I'm toying with adding a pre-amp to boost things.

Let me know if you'd like to know more.....

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
This was discussed before and several people suggested just using ear buds as once you get above 50pmh, you really can't hear much from speakers. I've got an old iPod with 8k songs. Just put it on shuffle and the miles roll away.

I use a Monster remote to control it. It was designed for snow boarders with gloved hands, but works great on the bike. It straps on around the brake reservoir & handle bar.

Amazon.com: Monster iEZClick Remote Control for iPod (Black): Electronics

I've seen Bluetooth controllers, but they don't have those essential large buttons you need for gloved hands. Good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts