Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help!!!Hello i'm a new member in this forum.My name is Apostolis and i'm from Greece.Sorry for my english if i make any mistake.Since a month i bought the suzuki burgman 650 k5.First of all i want to tell you that since suzuki i had the Piaggio x9 500 Evolution and the Gilera Nexus.I have made with Yamaha T max and Honda Silverwing big ways but this is something else.This isn't a scooter!!!! :p :p Can you tell me how I regulate the suspension depending on the weight that I have?

·
Super Moderator
8,074 Posts
Welcome,

The procedure should be in you owners manual, if you don't have one, here is what you can do.

First the rear is adjustable, the front is not. Put the bike on the center stand. Stand in back of the bike and you will see the shocks. From the factory , they are set on #2. Most people use a setting of 3 or 4. I weigh aprox 200 lbs., and use (riding solo lower speeds) #3 . Riding 2 up 4 - 5 depending on the load. Riding solo at higher speeds #4. to adjust, grab the chrome sleeve and turn, this can be very snug. If you can't turn it, there is a tool provided in the tool kit. It looks like a question mark (?), that attaches on one of the holes on the sleeve. Make sure both sides are set the same. Higher speeds, as well as weight, require higher settings.

Good luck

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
The outer housing of the rear shocks are marked with setting numbers, seperated by holes, indicating 1/2 steps. 1 is the softest setting & 5 the stiffest. Put the bike up on the the center stand & rotate the shock housing to the appropriate setting. You should be able to do this by hand, but if not there is a spanner in the toolkit that will fit into the holes so it can be turned.

The most common setting for 1 up riding is 2-3, depending on how big you are.

Hope this helps & welcome to ICOBO!

PS, your english is just fine!

[edit] Looks like Jim & I were both typing at the same time, look at the timestamps on our posts! 8) :lol: 8)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts