Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was trying to find a rattle when I discovered the windshield was very loose. I remember a bunch of hardware in the glove box that I set aside when I brought it home. I took the 2 screws off the side to remove the front plastic trim. This was all that was holding thr windshield in place. In the extra hardware are 4 rubber sleeves with a heli (sp) coil at the non- fluted end, and 4 screws with washers and 2 regular screws. I belive that the rubber sleeves are supposed to mount somehow into the hard plastic mount on the bike held by 4 allen head bolts. Can someone describe to me how these sleeves and screws are supposed to mount the windshield?

Thanks so much....Of course my Givi windshield will be here on tuesday.

-

·
Registered
4 Posts
Greengoose,
Sorry to hear about your windshield not being properly installed.

I have the Givi windshield and you will see a BIG difference in the wind coverage. My hands do not feel any wind vortex now and the wind buffing is completely gone. It is very quiet now.

Let us know how it works for you.

BurgLady

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I figured it out this evening when I woke up. I guess I was too tired to deal with it when I came off of graveyard shift.

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now I need to figure out what the other 2 big screws are for. (Left over hardware from delevery.)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Source for the Big Screws

Check the underside of your seat in the center near the sliding backrest for the source of your extra screws. I had a screw and washer laying back there and a loose one on the underside of the seat ready to fall out. I have heard (from the other forum) that these screws commonly have vibrated loose from many other 650s.

·
Premium Member
6,059 Posts
Hey Tom, It's important to pay attention to the dates on each of the posts in the thread. In this case, the thread was last posted to 8 years ago. The issue has likely been resolved since then.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.