Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks. My 650 is from 2004.

A year or more ago, I took off the plastic plate covering the radiator and I lost the screws. I'm planning for a trip next week and I'd like to put that plate back on. There's two push tabs at the top and two screws at the bottom.

I went to Home Depot today and was completely lost. Can someone help me determine what size screw and screw type to buy? Machine screw? Sheet metal screw? Am I at the wrong store and should go to an auto parts store instead?

Thanks for any help you can offer!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Take the other one out and have someone from your local hardware store match it up for you if they don't have the right size in black you could always spray paint it.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Think that what you are after is item # 10 part # 03541-01563 on this schematic/microfiche?
http://www.ronayers.com/FRONT-LEG-SHIELD-C189310.aspx

I think the screws being pretty generic are also used elsewhere on the scoot... check the LHS or RHS running boards, LHS or RHS leg shields, even the cover under the seat aft of the battery, from memory there is a screw or two holding that cover in place. You may find that there are the same screws more accessible used liberally throughout the scoot.... unscrew one from any of these locations or elsewhere and try fitting in the locations you are looking to secure and see what the result is? Good to go, then take one of these as a sample to your local hardware store to match...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts