Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #1
馃槉I just bought a 2008 Burgman 650 Executive from a new Widow. She didn't know anything about the scooter. There wasn't any owners manual or documentation explaining anything about the machine. I was able to figure out most of the controls but I'm stumped on how to get into the under-seat storage? Your help will be appreciated. I also need to know where to get an owner's manual and or service manual. I'm hoping to find one online. It's a great machine, better than the first scooter I owned in 1946.

Premium Member
Welcome, you have come to the right place,

Read the small text written at the Ignition
Insert the key in the ignition
Push Key In Gently and turn to the right you should hear a click
*Be Gentle it may take a couple times to master the technique.
Seat will open from the rear and swing forward.

Watch This for emergency seat release mod...Highly Recomended.

Feast Your Eyes on this Knowledge Bank

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! I appreciate the info. Just took my first ride - hard to believe! "Old rockin chairs got me"

Premium Member
Don鈥檛 let your wife or friends see that Burgman Grin .... they will start wondering 馃

A couple things every new Burgman Rider should be told.

1. Do the emergency seat release mod.

2. Get a pencil stick air pressure gauge and keep those tires inflated.

3. When locking the steering lock pay attention that you don鈥檛 go one click to many to the left or you will engage the rear parking lights and return to a dead battery.

4. If you feel cramped on you seat that rear butt bumper can be slid completely out.

5. There is close to a 10% error with the speedometer reporting that you are going faster than you really are. Take indicated sped and add 10% for truer speed.

6. Fill up every 150 miles until you鈥檝e ran tests to figure you mpg.

7. Make sure to stop in here at this website everyday after morning and evening prayers.

Reactions: Dave_J
1 - 4 of 4 Posts